Windows 10: I can't reset my laptop local password

Discus and support I can't reset my laptop local password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been trying to reset my laptop password since I've forgot about it, but it won't let me change it .When I wanna log in to my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cindy ramadhani, Jan 25, 2023.

1. I can't reset my laptop local password

So I've been trying to reset my laptop password since I've forgot about it, but it won't let me change it .When I wanna log in to my Microsoft account instead I alr fill my email and password, but after that it says I need to confirm my windows password I forgot how am I supposed to do when I already forgotten the password but they keep asking for it ?Pls help me I'm desperate

:)

cindy ramadhani, Jan 25, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 25, 2023
  3. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jan 25, 2023
  4. I can't reset my laptop local password

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

I can't reset my laptop local password

1. I can't reset my laptop local password - Similar Threads - can't reset laptop

2. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reset my Local User Password: I recently switched from signing in with my Microsoft account to a local user. I just set up a password when I did this. But now it says my password is incorrect. I can sign in still because I know my PIN, but have no way of resetting my password. When I sign out, and try to...
  3. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reset my Local User Password: I recently switched from signing in with my Microsoft account to a local user. I just set up a password when I did this. But now it says my password is incorrect. I can sign in still because I know my PIN, but have no way of resetting my password. When I sign out, and try to...
  4. Can't Reset my Local User Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I can't reset my laptop local password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reset my laptop local password: So I've been trying to reset my laptop password since I've forgot about it, but it won't let me change it .When I wanna log in to my Microsoft account instead I alr fill my email and password, but after that it says I need to confirm my windows password I forgot how am I...
  6. I can't reset my laptop local password

I can't reset my laptop local password: So I've been trying to reset my laptop password since I've forgot about it, but it won't let me change it .When I wanna log in to my Microsoft account instead I alr fill my email and password, but after that it says I need to confirm my windows password I forgot how am I...
  7. Can't reset password on local user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset password on local user: I was trying to change my password but i don.t remember it So i typed in cmd net user username new_password but it said System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. I don't know what to do next or how to fix this...
  8. Can't reset my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reset my password: Hi, this is stupid but here goes nothing. I have a desktop and a laptop and since Covid hit I haven't touched my laptop in probably 5 or 6 months. Now that I'll need it soon I picked it up again to make sure everything is updated but surprise surprise I can't remember my...
  9. Reset local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset local password: How do I reset my local password if I only remember my PIN? I tried resetting using the security questions, but I either seem to forget them or am not tying them in the same format. I do not want to lose my account and have to re-install all my programs....
  10. I can't reset my local windows 10 computer's password.

I can't reset my local windows 10 computer's password.: I have a new windows 10 computer and when I 1st set it up, I put in a password. Yesterday, I decided to change the password on the computer and followed (???) the step by step directions on the microsoft sight. Now I can sign in to my computer using either my new password...