Windows 10: i cant reset my pc

Discus and support i cant reset my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have windows 10 and i would like to completely reset it but when i start to do so the and i get to the point where the pc resets and starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dackotahallen, Jun 2, 2020.

1. i cant reset my pc

i have windows 10 and i would like to completely reset it but when i start to do so the and i get to the point where the pc resets and starts restarting it gets to about 3% and says that its unable to reset and that nothing was changed.

:)

dackotahallen, Jun 2, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

i cant reset my pc

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

i cant reset my pc

1. i cant reset my pc - Similar Threads - cant reset

2. Cant reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant reset my PC: I've been having issues with a game for a couple days now and I couldn't find a solution anywhere so I want to reset my pc and get rid of everything. so I set up the reset and it began just fine but when it reaches 65% it stops and starts to undo everything. I have tried to...
  3. tring to reset computer but first i have to click start open prompt as administrator i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
    tring to reset computer but first i have to click start open prompt as administrator i cant...: reset computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tring-to-reset-computer-but-first-i-have-to-click/73baa0b7-2d68-4bce-a781-cd3adcb5ef98
  4. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Reset PC: So I've been trying to reset my PC completely and the first time i tried i was brought to the message "there was a problem resetting your PC and no changes were made." After I saw this, I went to troubleshoot. I tried a lot of things such as SFC etc, and every time i try to...
  5. Cant Factory Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Factory Reset PC: whenever i try to factory reset my PC it gets to 35% then stops giving me a blue menu with a bunch of options i press continue, I then sign back into my account then a blue square pops up saying that no changes were made. Please help if possible my pc runs so slow and i just...
  6. Games cant function after windows 10 reset

Games cant function after windows 10 reset: Well, I had multiple games on my windows 10 laptop which I played frequently since 2015. Due to some issues with my laptop I had to reset windows 10. But then when I tried to access the game, it didn't open. not even a blank screen. I tried re-installing the games, but to no...
  7. updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc

updates failing, cant troubleshoot or reset pc: my updates wont install no matter how many times i try the troubleshooting program. every time i start my PC, i get a brief "repairing drive" screen that does nothing because the drive still says its not repaired. I've been trying to do a reset to just reinstall windows via...
  8. Cant reset my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant reset my pc: Booted up my pc to the error message 'The instruction at 0x0000000075D6DA70 reference memory at 0x0000000075D6DA70. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009C. Click OK to terminate the program'. This error come up on start of PC...
  9. Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space: Im trying to reset my slow running laptop running windows 10 with hopes of it running faster. However, I have removed most things I can remove and to no avail. I still need to free up 2 GB of free space to reset. Can anyone help?...
  10. i cant update windows, download from the microsoftstore or reset my PC pliz help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant update windows, download from the microsoftstore or reset my PC pliz help: so I tried to download games from Microsoft store but couldn't, then I tried to fix it by checking if there was any update but it takes like 30 min to show me this error (0x80080005). so I tried to reset the PC but it didn't reset, so I don't know what to do. if anyone knows...