Windows 10: I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

Discus and support I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't reset my Windows Hello pin. I DO NOT have the option to "Remove" the pin in the "Sign In Options" settings. I have tried to reset the passcode... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jon Doe34254325523342, Dec 19, 2019.

1. I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

I can't reset my Windows Hello pin. I DO NOT have the option to "Remove" the pin in the "Sign In Options" settings. I have tried to reset the passcode on lock screen, but it doesn't work either because my domain credentials aren't tied to the passcode portion. I have removed my fingerprint and the .DAT file assocaited with it. Other users can configure Hello's pin/fingerprint on my machine and they can remove it as well. I have turned off the Windows Biometrics services as well. How can I reset the pin without knowing it? Is there file associated with disabling the Windows Hello pin within file explorer? If so, where is it located?

:)

Jon Doe34254325523342, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 19, 2019
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

1. I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin - Similar Threads - can't reset Hello

2. I forgot my "windows hello pin" and I can't reset it because of my organisation. The...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my "windows hello pin" and I can't reset it because of my organisation. The...: It might be because i do use this laptop for school for which i have a school account. I couldn't find anything that could have solved this problem, i even tried resetting my laptop I mostly did this for other reason but it didn't help with the "Windows hello in" problem. Any...
  3. I forgot my "windows hello pin" and I can't reset it because of my organisation. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my "windows hello pin" and I can't reset it because of my organisation. The...: It might be because i do use this laptop for school for which i have a school account. I couldn't find anything that could have solved this problem, i even tried resetting my laptop I mostly did this for other reason but it didn't help with the "Windows hello in" problem. Any...
  4. I forgot my "windows hello pin" and I can't reset it because of my organisation. The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't reset my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my pin: I'm having the absolute worst time with this completely unnecessary security system that you have in place. I am trying to access my game pass and even though I login just fine with my email and password it's also mandatory that I add a pin number which I have no idea a why...
  6. windows hello pin reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello pin reset: microsoft account pin not working, I forget my pin. but cant reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-reset/bc18a6f8-3a85-48d3-8e7b-b38d2ceec983
  7. windows hello pin reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello pin reset: microsoft account pin not working, I forget my pin. but cant reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-reset/bc18a6f8-3a85-48d3-8e7b-b38d2ceec983
  8. Resetting Windows Hello PIN

Resetting Windows Hello PIN: I literally just want reset my windows hello PIN, but I cannot contact support without this PIN, I am extremely frustrated and just want to talk to a person. Does anyone know what I can do?...
  9. Windows Hello Pin Reset

Windows Hello Pin Reset: It's been almost 3 times this year that I have been asked to reset my personal computer's WH Pin. It happens every 3 months or so. After the case, I can't even reset my PIN back to old ones. This computer is tied to my personal Microsoft account. I have enabled GP settings...
  10. Windows Hello Pin Reset?

Windows Hello Pin Reset?: hi, i try to log in to my account on microsoft store and it asks for a pin, but i dont know it and when i try to reset it in sign in options i am logged in on a seperate account....