Windows 10: I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

Discus and support I can't restart my computer after sleep mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to restart my computer after sleep mode, nothing happens. I press the power button, the screen lightens slightly, and then nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeccaBailey-Dawes, Jan 9, 2019.

1. I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

When I go to restart my computer after sleep mode, nothing happens. I press the power button, the screen lightens slightly, and then nothing happens. It actually worked one time, but that was it. Bought this "refurbished with a clean copy of Windows 10, originally intended for a corporate lending program, but it was actually never used, so it was basically new. It works really well, except for this weird little problem. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to computers, though I surf constantly, so please keep that in mind in your answer. Thanks!

:)

BeccaBailey-Dawes, Jan 9, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 9, 2019
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Jan 9, 2019
  4. I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

1. I can't restart my computer after sleep mode. - Similar Threads - can't restart computer

2. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  3. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  4. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restart In Sleep Mode

Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  6. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  7. Computer restarts after sleep

Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  8. My computer can't turn off sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer can't turn off sleep mode: Tôi đang sử dụng cửa sổ 10 khi máy tính của tôi chuyển sang chế độ ngủ, sau một lúc nó không thể bật lại đượcCảm ơn tất cả các câu trả lời.PhamTien https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-turn-off-sleep-mode/3703b6f0-00d5-4c7a-8f29-d5c72672a0a0
  9. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode: For about 2 days now whenever I try to put my pc into sleep mode every other time it restarts instead and ends up on the blue screen of death with the system service exception error. Sometimes it will restart saying its repairing my disk drive which is weird because Ive done...
  10. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...