Windows 10: I cant revert to Win 7. Option is not in the System/Security screen

Discus and support I cant revert to Win 7. Option is not in the System/Security screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 has messed up a lot of things that I just don't want to deal with. I'm just a little home user for fun and games and googling and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Linna8, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Linna8 Win User

I cant revert to Win 7. Option is not in the System/Security screen

Windows 10 has messed up a lot of things that I just don't want to deal with. I'm just a little home user for fun and games and googling and I don't see where 10 is anything more than different. I'm supposed to have 30 days to restore 7 if I choose, but that option doesn't appear where it should. When I try reading so many posts and suggestions, including google articles, I don't understand all the rhetoric.

I also have had a problem with my (former) admin password. The password that I wrote down isn't working (??!!) and I seem to be doomed in limbo between 10 and 7 without it or being able to reset it. My stomach hurts.

I just want the simplest possible fix to all my woes. Please help.......

:)

Linna8, Aug 18, 2015

2. How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

I cant revert back to win 7. It says some file missingg

shantanubandyopadhyay, Aug 18, 2015
  3. system will not start up after upgrade to Win 10

We upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 but the system will not start up. Just the blue windows icon with spinning dots for hours. we cant get it to revert back to 7 or start up 10. system restore cant find a point to restore to. would love to save files, but
    now we just want the computer to work. please let me know if there is anything to fix the situation

hmartin2775, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Linna8 Win User

Well, dang! I FINALLY found my administrator user by going to Task Manager and selecting 'switch user' (forgot about that). So I found my other account where I can control things, and everything was there. This deal where Windows 10 seems to default to another user is for the birds. Lots of people seem to be struggling with this.

Linna8, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. I cant revert to Win 7. Option is not in the System/Security screen - Similar Threads - cant revert Option

2. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  3. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  4. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  6. Reverting to Windows 7

Reverting to Windows 7: I need to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 unfortunately the laptop has been handed down a couple of times and so the original disc has long been lost. I have tried downloading the ISO from the Microsoft software download page however the website returns an error message...
  7. Secure remote desktop options for control of Win 10 PC from a Win 7 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secure remote desktop options for control of Win 10 PC from a Win 7 PC: I used to use TeamViewer for remote desktop access of my PC but I stopped when there was controversy regarding a hack. Does anyone know whether this was actually just a case of people using the same username and password elsewhere? Otherwise, what would be a more secure...
  8. Revert to Windows 7

Revert to Windows 7: Upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago, fine except 2 progs I use won't work in WIndows 10, plus one is no longer supported. Since I still have the Windows.old folder, and within the 4 week option I should be able to restore Windows 7. However within Settings/Recovery where I...
  9. Revert back to Win 7

Revert back to Win 7: I had reloaded Win 7 just prior to my upgrade to WIN10. Dont normally like to do an upgradebut I was pretty sure it was still clean. So on 2/14/16 id did the upgrade so I'm in the 30 day timeframe if that makes any difference. I just don't really like WIN 10. I did a...
  10. No option to roll back to Win 7

No option to roll back to Win 7: When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old, the image shows as the attached. I'm not super good at computer stuff, but I usually struggle through. Any suggestions as to...