Windows 10: I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...

Discus and support I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MasonTheCoolBean [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MasonTheCoolBean, Aug 15, 2020.

1. I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...

/u/MasonTheCoolBean, Aug 15, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my... :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Aug 15, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Multiple Selection -> Open With?

As I understand your question, you're not asking about 'Open with' as such.
    What you wish to do is to open multiple files at the same time.

If they are of the same type, and you select and right click on them, choose 'Open' and your wish is granted. (Assuming the file type has an associated program),

If they are not of the same type, you do not get the 'Open' option in the context menu, unless both types are associated with the same program.

Put another way, addressing your last sentence, you do not get an 'Open With' option if you select multiple file types.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...

Multiple Selection -> Open With?

I don't think you can. As far as I can see you only get "open with" for one file and only if it is not an executable. Open will open multiple files but only for the default program.

What you could do as a workaround is add a Photoshop shortcut to the right click "send to" menu as described here Customize the Send To Menu in Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista

I don't have Photoshop but it works for me with Notepad++ - I can select multiple files, right click and "send to" the program and they all open at once.

Thema:

I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my...

1. I can’t right click, select multiple items, open the start menu, connect to WiFi, open my... - Similar Threads - can’t right click

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings: Windows 10 - suddenly can’t access start other than by right click. Settings then not available. Suspect update has caused this. Also “ and@ key functions reversed.. desktop short city’s missing.Sorry short cuts. Have tried windows+I and windows +r...
  5. Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings: Windows 10 - suddenly can’t access start other than by right click. Settings then not available. Suspect update has caused this. Also “ and@ key functions reversed.. desktop short city’s missing.Sorry short cuts. Have tried windows+I and windows +r...
  6. Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t access start except by right click and then can’t open settings: Windows 10 - suddenly can’t access start other than by right click. Settings then not available. Suspect update has caused this. Also “ and@ key functions reversed.. desktop short city’s missing....
  7. Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item

Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item: After the latest feature update to my Win 10, if I right click on any desktop icon and try and open the app with the Open command, there is no response. I can still open the app with a double mouse click. Some setting seems to have changed with the upgrade?...
  8. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  9. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...