Windows 10: I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

Discus and support I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by strzem, Dec 6, 2021.

1. strzem Win User

I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up appears saying "C:\winows\ststem32\taskmgr.exeWinows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate premissions to access the item."when i do "sfc / scannow" in the command prompt it tells me i need to be a admin to do that.

:)

strzem, Dec 6, 2021

2. Cannot run SFC/scannow

Hello stonehousecheh,

Please provide more details about what happens when you try to run a SFC /SCANNOW command. Any error messages?

For now, the tutorial below can help show you step by step details and troubleshooting for running a SFC /SCANNOW command.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2895-run-sfc-command-windows-10-a.html

Shawn Brink, Dec 6, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cannot run SFC/scannow

Hi stonehousecheh

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow

If you are typing that command remember the space before the forward slash

Does that command run for you, and if not, what error are you seeing?

DaveM121, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow" - Similar Threads - cant run programs

2. I cant do a Windows Reset and sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant do a Windows Reset and sfc /scannow: I am have a problem with my Windows and/or PC. I cant do any of the following commands:sfc /scannow, pc reset, chkdsk c: /r, chkdsk c: /f, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI can do a Windows Reset eitherI can use the Windows Search bar either if i click on it it...
  3. I cant do a Windows Reset and sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant do a Windows Reset and sfc /scannow: I am have a problem with my Windows and/or PC. I cant do any of the following commands:sfc /scannow, pc reset, chkdsk c: /r, chkdsk c: /f, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI can do a Windows Reset eitherI can use the Windows Search bar either if i click on it it...
  4. I cant do a Windows Reset and sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow": i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up appears saying "C:\winows\ststem32\taskmgr.exeWinows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  6. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow": i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up appears saying "C:\winows\ststem32\taskmgr.exeWinows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  7. SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them: Hello whenever I try to run SFC /SCANNOW in CMD it finds errors but was unable to fix them. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-finds-errors-but-cant-fix-them/83ae97df-c8ec-4e5f-ace3-1ff3479e6b4a
  8. Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!: First thing is, Is trustedinstaller a virus? I have had alot of hours online trying to find out about if this is safe or not because it wouldnt let me delete things that i needed to. I had a virus that i couldnt delete do to trustedinstaller blocking me so then i went online...
  9. BSOD crash with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED cant boot or run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crash with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED cant boot or run sfc /scannow: not sure I can run dm log collector from recovery console? My desktop PC with 32-bit Windows 10 has crashed at version 10.0.17134.0. It worked fine for a few days after the upgrade to version 10.0.17134.0, and I was not using the PC at the time of the crash. It now starts up...
  10. Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703: when i rightclick on any program an choose "run as administrator" nothing happens. my account is a local one and it says administrator. i have tried following without success: 1: created a new admin account 2. right-click on a prog and choose...