Windows 10: I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

Discus and support I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FacelessDuck, Apr 24, 2024.

1. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either.

:)

FacelessDuck, Apr 24, 2024

2. Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart

I downloaded a few files today, and noticed that my virus and threat protection was turned off. There was also some random program called Chromium that I did not download. I pressed restart for the virus protection, and it kept loading for like 2-3 minutes.
    Then says something went wrong. My laptop has also considerably slowed down, and chrome freezes at times. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sewon Jeon, Apr 24, 2024
  3. ShawnQH Win User
    Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it won't

Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message
    that says "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Close the box and hit restart again and get the same routine.

Welcome suggestions for fixing. Thank you!

ShawnQH, Apr 24, 2024
  4. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

1. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont - Similar Threads - cant run exe

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  4. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  5. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Virus and threat protection wont update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus and threat protection wont update.: My pc tells me that it needs to update but when I hit update it just says checking for updates and endlessly loads. Anyone have this? submitted by /u/bowman_official [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hslhy2/virus_and_threat_protection_wont_update/
  7. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  8. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  9. Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it...

Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it...: Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message that says...
  10. virus and threat protection wont restart

virus and threat protection wont restart: virus and threat protection wont restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-wont-restart/7e4f23d9-a935-4efe-abe8-d6a30019c1fe