Windows 10: I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is.

Discus and support I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to run Forza Motorsport 6: Apex but it wont let me because I need DirectX version 12. BUT I DO! [ATTACH]' [IMG] Here's the frustrating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Db-CAAD, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Db-CAAD Win User

I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is.

I am trying to run Forza Motorsport 6: Apex but it wont let me because I need

DirectX version 12. BUT I DO!

I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is. 76a24759-9ca1-446f-bf81-9bfbec7701e9?upload=true.png '

I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is. [​IMG]

Here's the frustrating part!

I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is. 044cd6c5-edce-4375-8d6d-6e9596242870?upload=true.png

:)

Db-CAAD, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Compatability Issue on Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta and Forza Motorsport Horizon 3

Hi,

Just to verify, can you give us the exact error message from the Windows Store when attempting to download the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta? it would be better if you could provide a screenshot so we can take a closer look.

Downloading both of the games, as far as DirectX is concerned, shouldn't be an issue here since you're running DirectX 12. One thing we noticed though is your graphics card memory - the minimum system requirements for both games is 2 GB, so this is something
    that we should also take a look at. That is why we would like to get what the error message completely says.

Nevertheless, since you were able to download and play Forza Horizon 3, there shouldn't be an issue with the Motorsport 6: Apex. We'll definitely look further into this but in the meantime, try to clear the Windows Store cache and see if it helps. See the
    steps below:

• Close Windows Store. (if running)
    • In the Start menu search box, type WSReset in the search results.
    • Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Compatability Issue on Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta and Forza Motorsport Horizon 3

I recently bought the Forza motorsport horizon 3, I didn't have the required hardware at the time for the game, but I preordered the ultimate pack before the game came out so that I could get it. I also wanted to download the Forza Motorsport Apex Beta,
    but it said I didn't have the required hardware, so I stopped looking at that for a while as well. So after a bit of researching on the required windows version to run the game, I found out that my computer didn't have the Windows 10 anniversary update. I
    downloaded the update and ran it for the update. Once all that was done I was able to download the Forza motorsport horizon 3 game and it says that I can play it, even though the store says that I still don't have the required Direct X 11 version to run it,
    my computer says that I have Direct 10 version 12 installed on my DxDiag report. How come I can run the Forza Motorsport Horizon 3 on my computer, but not try out the Apex Beta game?? I list my computer specs below on what I have.

My computer also says that my machine has all the latest updates installed. I also tried to install the previous Direct X version(s) from this link here, but my computer just said that there was a newer Direct X version already installed, and that it was
    unneeded.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-dyl64IPnSm1rGts4sBknlg)()

My computer specs for game:

DirectX : DirectX 12

Memory : 8192 RAM

Video Memory : 1 GB

Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 830 Processor

Graphics : AMD 6870 HD graphics card

****************************************************************************************************************

And here's what the Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta requires, and it says that I cant download it.....

DirectX : DirectX Feature Level 11 required

Memory : 8 GB

Video Memory : 2 GB

Processor : Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/ Radeon R7 250X

**************************************************************************************************************

And now, what the Forza Motorsport Horizon 3 requires and I can download it.....

DirectX : Direct X Feature Level 11

Memory : 8 GB

Video Memory : 2 GB

Processor : i5 3570 3.4GHz

Graphics : NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti / AMD R7 250X

****************************************************************************************************************

And just to repeat it again, I do have the latest windows version on it, it says that I'm ok there with both, but they both say that I don't have the required video memory and the required DirectX version, but my computer says
    that my rig is at DirectX 12 on the DxDiag report.

My computer is also at the latest updates it says.

But how come I can download the Forza Horizon 3 game and not the Forza 6 Apex even though I don't have the required video memory and the required DirectX version?

Plz help, any help is appreciated, TY

Never_Lose_Hope, Aug 27, 2018
  4. I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is.

My GPU has DirectX 12 but won't run Forza Motorsport 6

Hi Andres,

As you are facing an issue with Forza Motorsport 6 and you have already tried with some troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to post your query on Xbox forum regarding this matter and check.

Here is the link:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/games?xr=shellnav

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is.

1. I can't run forza motorsport 6 because my DirectX version is not high enough but it is. - Similar Threads - can't run forza

2. Forza Motorsport not Launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport not Launching: It say the app didnt start what do i do with it and it shows a command of it being failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-motorsport-not-launching/e0b777d7-ea9e-41c9-b709-7208b61b5b03
  3. Forza Motorsport not Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Motorsport not Launching: It say the app didnt start what do i do with it and it shows a command of it being failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-motorsport-not-launching/e0b777d7-ea9e-41c9-b709-7208b61b5b03
  4. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex - why did you disable it on my PC??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport 6 Apex - why did you disable it on my PC??: Hey Microsoft, I have downloaded this wonderful game which was for free in Microsoft store. In 2021 it was no longer possible to find but the link still worked. I think later it was not possible to install, but I already had it in my PC and I even bought a frikin steering...
  5. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex - why did you disable it on my PC??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 6 Apex - why did you disable it on my PC??: Hey Microsoft, I have downloaded this wonderful game which was for free in Microsoft store. In 2021 it was no longer possible to find but the link still worked. I think later it was not possible to install, but I already had it in my PC and I even bought a frikin steering...
  6. PC Forza Motorsport 6 Install Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Forza Motorsport 6 Install Issues: Hey there, I'm trying to download forza 6 but it is not giving me an option to download..the premium edition is not available.. idk why. Any thoughts? Also I know Forza 7 is out but would like to avoid paying $40. Thanks. [IMG]...
  7. Can't sync Forza Motorsport 7 (on PC)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sync Forza Motorsport 7 (on PC): Hello. Not sure whats happened here, but when I am trying to start Forza 7, a popup sync-windows is just going on for ages, and I then get info that the game cant be synced. Tried serveral times and for several hours. Not sure what has happened. Is there som quick fix for...
  8. Forza Motorsport 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport 7: Using Dell Alienware (Windows 10) gaming laptop I have been playing Forza Motorsport 7 for a while. It has for some reason decides not to load up. having started the loading sequence it gets to the part where you have to press enter and the little loading wheel spins and...
  9. Forza motorsport 6 apex crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza motorsport 6 apex crashes at launch: So whenever I go to play or say open Forza the game crashes without notice even though my specs are up to par with minimum and recommended specs though note this is a custom pc and has used parts from other builds here are my specs hope ya'll can figure things out and thanks...
  10. Forza Motorsport 6 unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Motorsport 6 unplayable: I got Forza Motorsport 6 apex beta through Windows Store. First of all it takes almost 10 minutes to run *sarc Second, both the first cutscene and race are slideshows, and sometimes some textures begin to disappear. The sound is fine, though. The lag happens specially...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY WONT FM6 APEX RUN EVEN THOUGH I HAVE DIRECTX12 INSTALLED?

2. i have directx 12 but forza says i dont

3. directx 12 install but cant run forza 6