Windows 10: I can't run most of my programs

Discus and support I can't run most of my programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was very slow and almost every program was crashing, so I decided to do chkdsk /f /r, I was getting very impatient so I resetted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kurlNC, Aug 16, 2018.

1. kurlNC Win User

I can't run most of my programs

My computer was very slow and almost every program was crashing, so I decided to do chkdsk /f /r, I was getting very impatient so I resetted my computer and in 50% it said "There was a problem resetting your PC" so I restarted it, waited for chkdsk to finish, logged in to windows then I clicked on a program it said "this app can't run in your pc" I opened my games, programs etc. nothing worked, browsers and ccleaner worked all the programs used to work before the chkdsk /f /r and the failed reset. My computer is 64-bit x64 windows 10 insider I tried resetting using all the options, I tried Refresh Windows tool it says "this app can't run in your pc". Updates doesn't work, and I also noticed that SysWOW64 is missing even though hidden items is on but there is a 0 byte file of syswow64. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

kurlNC, Aug 16, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Aug 16, 2018
  4. I can't run most of my programs

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

I can't run most of my programs

1. I can't run most of my programs - Similar Threads - can't run programs

2. I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash: When I open some apps it says that it cannot find the app or that I do not have permission to open the app or file. I can't even open an app when I press run as administrator nothing happens my cursor is just loading but if you wait nothing happens or it crashes. Can someone...
  3. I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open most of my apps even my run as admistrator and some just crash: When I open some apps it says that it cannot find the app or that I do not have permission to open the app or file. I can't even open an app when I press run as administrator nothing happens my cursor is just loading but if you wait nothing happens or it crashes. Can someone...
  4. Why can't I run programs on my windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I run programs on my windows 10 pro?: I have recently bought a new laptop and got windows 10 installed on it. However, some games cannot run on it. I try to start them and then they just won't open. I tried checking their compatibility and my options were: windows 8, windows 7, windows vista and windows xp. I...
  5. Why can't I run programs on my windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I run programs on my windows 10 pro?: I have recently bought a new laptop and got windows 10 installed on it. However, some games cannot run on it. I try to start them and then they just won't open. I tried checking their compatibility and my options were: windows 8, windows 7, windows vista and windows xp. I...
  6. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  7. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  8. Most of my programs are being opened by one program and I can't seem to fix it.

Most of my programs are being opened by one program and I can't seem to fix it.: Yesterday, I set ".BLEND" files to always be opened with blender. When I turn the computer on this morning, suddenly most of my programs now show up with the blender logo and when I try to open them, blender always tries to execute the action. When I try to use the...
  9. Side by Side configuration not allowing me to run most programs on my computer

Side by Side configuration not allowing me to run most programs on my computer: Hello, Today, my computer started giving me the following error whenever I run most programs. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  10. Can't run a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run a program: I'm tired of Windows 10. I wish you'd quit updating. Now I can't run Sculptris I downloaded the 3d modeling app, and it won't run. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't run. I can't find a decent free 3d building software that's compatible to Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what makes my laptop using windows 10 to say this app cant run in your pc