Windows 10: I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10.

Discus and support I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, After many hours I have spent today, trying to resolve this problem on my own, I have to say: I have failed. Microsoft, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr. MPe, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mr. MPe Win User

I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10.

Dear Microsoft Community,

After many hours I have spent today, trying to resolve this problem on my own, I have to say: I have failed. Microsoft, I need help.

Everything started with a simple try to connect to the VPN server through IKEv2 protocol. Like you probably guessed, It didn't go as I planned. After short research, I have figured out, that my service Remote Access Connection Manager can't start to run (Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start).

Afterwards I have checked the Event Viewer, to get some details. The message was quite straightforward: The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service which failed to start because of the following error:

The operation completed successfully.

No SSTP, then let's turn it on. Easy right? Well not exactly. The SSTP Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

That's the moment when you say, "Alright google, show me what you can!". Well, google couldn't.

I did try various of solutions, but non of them worked. My tries included:

• sfc /scannow
    • Remove my antivirus
    • Disable TinyWall service
    • Disable Windows Firewall
    • Uninstall network adapter drivers, and reboot windows
    • Update BIOS system
    • Try to make both SSTP and RACM as manual startup in services.msc.
    • Turn on before following services: Application Layer Gateway**** DHCP Client and Windows Event Log (Interesting fact, all of them turned on without any problem, even Remote Access Auto Connection Manager).
    • Disable and Enable Windows Event Log
    • Editing RasMan Registry Dependency - removing SstpSvc from it.
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice & /add localservice
    • Ownership changes in System32/Logfiles/WIM
    • Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in WINS options in TCP/IPv4 properties of the network adapter.
    • Thousand of reboots.
    • Other I have forgot already.

Some technical Info:

Windows 10 Pro N x64, Build 17763. Asus N551JM. 2 Months ago I have made a clean restart of Windows (Windows Update problems).

Please Help. I am open to any ideas. If you need any details, logs, just write it. Thanks in advance.

:)

Mr. MPe, Feb 4, 2019
  2. aryfi Win User

SSTP VPN in WP10

SSTP as a VPN option existed in preview builds of Windows 10 mobile. I recently bought a 950 XL, and SSTP has been removed! Are there plans to add it back, or is Microsoft phasing out this technology? Windows 10 on the desktop defaults to SSTP, so this
    is very surprising.

aryfi, Feb 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10. - Similar Threads - can't run SSTP

2. Can't execute Sandox - Error in service "Manager Service" - Not running and can't start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't execute Sandox - Error in service "Manager Service" - Not running and can't start...: Hi,When I try to run sandox to I receive the error "Service Manager Service - Not running and can't start manually".This utility is sometimes very usefull, and it already worked on my laptop.I already upgrade to Windows Insiders Beta, but the error continues.Can someone...
  3. Can't execute Sandox - Error in service "Manager Service" - Not running and can't start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't execute Sandox - Error in service "Manager Service" - Not running and can't start...: Hi,When I try to run sandox to I receive the error "Service Manager Service - Not running and can't start manually".This utility is sometimes very usefull, and it already worked on my laptop.I already upgrade to Windows Insiders Beta, but the error continues.Can someone...
  4. SSTP vpn protocol

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSTP vpn protocol: to create a vpn on win 10, should we use the sstp protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sstp-vpn-protocol/a28e35f0-2498-40ce-974e-e7e3989f127c
  5. Audio Service not running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service not running Windows 10: I have followed the instructions for disabling both the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio. Then, setting both back to automatic and I get this error message: "Windows could not start Windows Audio services on local computer" "Error 0x80070005: Access is...
  6. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection: Hello, I have created a small business server with windows server 2019 evaluation, I have set up remote connection to the server through VPN with the SSTP protocol however im unable to get my remote clients connected, they have the sstp certificate installed on their...
  7. The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The Print Spooler Service is not running in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs which are in turn meant for the printer to handle. If this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents and it might be that the system won’t detect [...] This post The Print Spooler...
  8. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  9. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  10. Audio Service not running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service not running Windows 10: My Audio Services keep failing to start up. I'm unable to restart the Windows Audio End point builder. It also gives me the message "Windows could not stop the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service on Local Computer. Error 1061: The service cannot accept control messages...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant enable secure socket tunneling protocol service

2. the rasman service depends on the sstpsvc service which failed to start because of the following error

3. The RasMan service depends on the SstpSvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The operation completed successfully.

4. sstpsvc windows 10,
  5. windows 10 cannot start sstp,
  6. Facebook opens many Run Services in Windows 10