Windows 10: I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc

Discus and support I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there! I just installed Ubuntu and i got some problems in terms of booting him up. The GRUB ins't showing, and it's booting auto in Windows. I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CiprianȘtefan, Jan 16, 2021.

1. I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc

Hi there! I just installed Ubuntu and i got some problems in terms of booting him up. The GRUB ins't showing, and it's booting auto in Windows. I made my pc a dualboot just one hour ago, so, what should i do?

:)

CiprianȘtefan, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Nvidia drivers in Ubuntu, installed but not running

try

Code: rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf; nvidia-xconfig[/quote] you might need to sudo it first by doing the following

at root
    Code: sudo or su[/quote] before the command. if the above command doesnt work do this

Direct copy and paste. If it doesnt work lmk

Code: sudo sh -c "echo 'deb Index of /nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list" sudo sh -c "echo 'deb-src Index of /nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"[/quote] STEP 2
    Code: sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys CEC06767[/quote] STEP 3
    Code: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-190-modaliases nvidia-glx-190[/quote] if step 3 doesnt work try this one

Code: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-185-modaliases nvidia-glx-185[/quote] AND OF COURSE​
    to upgrade to the newest version of ubuntu in terminal do this

Code: sudo apt-get update[/quote] Code: sudo apt-get upgrade[/quote] Code: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade[/quote] that will update you to 9.04 from 8.10

Solaris17, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I understand that you want to install Windows 10 Home on your laptop, we will help you with this.

We would like to know if you want to remove Ubuntu from the computer and want to install Windows 10 on the computer or want to install Windows 10 along with Ubuntu.

If you want to install Windows 10 on the computer and want to remove Ubuntu, you can perform a clean installation of Windows. However, in order to install Windows 10, we will need to create a Bootable USB. To do this, we will need a computer running
    on Windows 7 or above. Let me share the steps with you. Kindly, refer the article

How to create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide
    by
    Paulsey.

Once the Bootable USB is created, refer the article on
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide

However, if you wish to install Windows 10 along with Ubuntu, you may want to refer the article on

WindowsDualBoot

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2021
  4. I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc

1. I can't run Ubuntu who is installed on my pc - Similar Threads - can't run Ubuntu

2. can't install ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install ubuntu: I m not able to install ubuntu inside windows 11 through Microsoft store , getting error message something happened on our end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-ubuntu/75402592-afb9-4922-8f37-6eb8d4503a75
  3. can't install ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install ubuntu: I m not able to install ubuntu inside windows 11 through Microsoft store , getting error message something happened on our end. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-ubuntu/75402592-afb9-4922-8f37-6eb8d4503a75
  4. How to install Windows 10 on a computer running Ubuntu?

How to install Windows 10 on a computer running Ubuntu?: Hello,I have a computer running with ubuntu system, now I want to install a windows 10 system and keep these two systems on my computer. Anyone can tell me what should I do? Thanks....
  5. I tried installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing Ubuntu: HI,I tried installing Ubuntu and it installed in a folder at the bottom of my drives list. Any ideas on how to uninstall it? I tried using disk management to delete the file but it does not show up there. Also I have a partition that I want to combine with another partition...
  6. I tried installing Ubuntu

I tried installing Ubuntu: HI,I tried installing Ubuntu and it installed in a folder at the bottom of my drives list. Any ideas on how to uninstall it? I tried using disk management to delete the file but it does not show up there. Also I have a partition that I want to combine with another partition...
  7. I can't extend my drive D after installing ubuntu on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my drive D after installing ubuntu on it: Basically This I have 300gb of unallocated space and I can't extend it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-my-drive-d-after-installing-ubuntu/34c89fd6-e2f8-4031-a745-cc2b9d70a4c6
  8. I can't extend my drive D after installing ubuntu on it

I can't extend my drive D after installing ubuntu on it: Basically This I have 300gb of unallocated space and I can't extend it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-my-drive-d-after-installing-ubuntu/34c89fd6-e2f8-4031-a745-cc2b9d70a4c6
  9. I can't run my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run my PC: My Windows 10 doesn't run. It stucks at startup with with Windows logo and wheel. And it says 'Scanning and repairing drive C:...' as shown in the below picture.[IMG]It loops the same..And It can't enter to the Windows recovery mode. Please help me......
  10. Can't install Windows after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows after installing Ubuntu: Since I've installed Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.1 on my PC, the USB installer just doesn't boot, it gives me a black screen. [ATTACH] Any other Linux USB installer seems to be booting normally. It just happens with Windows installers. So I can't install Windows because the...