Windows 10: I cant run updates or reset my PC.

Discus and support I cant run updates or reset my PC. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I try and download updates and get this message. The message stays the same but the upload name changes. example below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MargaretJacksonBrowne, Sep 6, 2018.

1. I cant run updates or reset my PC.

I try and download updates and get this message.

The message stays the same but the upload name changes. example below.

C:\User\jacks\Downloads\Windows10upgrade9252.exe

This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled device associated with it.

Trying to reset to fix problems i select reset PC and it does nothing at all.

:)

MargaretJacksonBrowne, Sep 6, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 6, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 6, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

I cant run updates or reset my PC.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I cant run updates or reset my PC. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

I cant run updates or reset my PC.

1. I cant run updates or reset my PC. - Similar Threads - cant run updates

2. Cant reset my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant reset my PC: Whenever I try resetting my PC, it says "Could not find the recovery environment".I then go into cmd as administrator and type "reagentc /enable" as people say that is what you should do, but then it says "the windows re image was not found"I honestly do not know what to do I...
  3. cant reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant reset my pc: I am having an issue with the BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, and I have tried everything it seems to resolve this issue. This is a new PC build and the BSOD error is getting out of hand, it is literally uninstalling programs after it pops up. I have now resorted to a fresh install of...
  4. i cant update and i cant reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant update and i cant reset my laptop: so i want to update my windows but when finished downloading always showing error so i download windows updater from microsoft and it says delete all files but when i want to reset my laptop, i always get error, i cant reset my laptop and update my windows, can somebody help?...
  5. i cant reset my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant reset my pc: i tried to reset my pc > Keep My files then it says "Could Not find Recovery Environment" previously it got reset fine and quickly but it couldnt be reset this time i don't even have a usb and i am afraid that will it remove Product Key if i do reinstall from usb...
  6. i cant reset my pc.

i cant reset my pc.: today i am clone my hdd to ssd. so the ESP folder is generated and whenever I try to reset the pc it reject the proposal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reset-my-pc/ea0b2f06-c046-4c75-b154-e99601f60046
  7. Cant reset my PC

Cant reset my PC: I've been having issues with a game for a couple days now and I couldn't find a solution anywhere so I want to reset my pc and get rid of everything. so I set up the reset and it began just fine but when it reaches 65% it stops and starts to undo everything. I have tried to...
  8. i cant reset my pc

i cant reset my pc: i have windows 10 and i would like to completely reset it but when i start to do so the and i get to the point where the pc resets and starts restarting it gets to about 3% and says that its unable to reset and that nothing was changed....
  9. I cant reset my PC.

I cant reset my PC.: Every time I try to reset my PC, I cannot. It tells me I need more space so it can reset, but I have freed up every available thing I can. The next step I can take that I think would be to start deleting files that run the computer. I have tried pretty much everything, and I...
  10. cant reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant reset my PC: I am going to sell my old PC and i was just going to reset it and when im trying to reset it the only things that pops up is no changes where made blablabla. And i have tried nearly everthing but nothing works does somebody know what the issue is. submitted by...