Windows 10: I cant screenshot anything

Discus and support I cant screenshot anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cant screenshot any thing on my pc? I press windows + shift + s and it darkens my screen a bit. That part is normal. I try to drag my mouse and make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quinkei, Nov 2, 2020.

1. I cant screenshot anything

I cant screenshot any thing on my pc? I press windows + shift + s and it darkens my screen a bit. That part is normal. I try to drag my mouse and make a rectangle, and whenever I let go, it just stays there until i press alt + f4. Here's whats happening https://imgur.com/a/nkTDyOr****

submitted by /u/quinkei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quinkei, Nov 2, 2020
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 2, 2020
  3. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

I cant screenshot anything

Disable the Share Screenshot pop-up

Hi,

To better assist you regarding the issue on share screenshot, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

I cant screenshot anything

1. I cant screenshot anything - Similar Threads - cant screenshot anything

2. i cant install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant install anything: i cant install anything from mc store and nothing worked i even tried reinstalling windows from the settings error code: 0x80070005edit its downloading just not installing now i played leauge of legens and its says:...
  3. Cant find screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant find screenshots: Hi I hope you are well. I have recenlty moved my pictures folder to save space on my laptop however, i cannot find my new screenshots that i take. May you please assist....
  4. Cant find screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find screenshots: Hi I hope you are well. I have recenlty moved my pictures folder to save space on my laptop however, i cannot find my new screenshots that i take. May you please assist....
  5. Cant find screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  7. I cant download anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant download anything: I cant download anything because of something called "virus scan failed" even though i know for sure that the files I'm downloading are fine. this problem has been happing for a month now and i cant load games, pictures, videos or anything off google or Bing. i have the anti...
  8. cant find screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant find screenshots: Hello Microsoft, when I take screenshots, about half of screenshots are saved in [one drive > screenshots], and the other half disappears to a file I cant find. Do you know where I can find these pictures and what I can do so this wont happen again ? - thank you...
  9. Cant make screenshot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant make screenshot: Hello, I have been having problems on my windows. First, I cant delete any of my photos because it doesnt say delete, second, I cant screenshot. I do Shift + Windows symbol + S and it doesnt get sent to snip and sketch for me to save. does anybody have a solution for this?...
  10. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager: Hello to all! I am using WINDOWS 10 1809 PRO official X64 without any updates. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager i tried ShareX , FastStone Image Capture and others, i can use these programs to make a screenshot of all desktop, but when i try make a region TaskManager...