Windows 10: I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

Discus and support I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Brady Wright, Dec 21, 2022.

1. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me, thank you.

:)

Brady Wright, Dec 21, 2022

2. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 21, 2022
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 21, 2022
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Dec 21, 2022
Thema:

I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

1. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer. - Similar Threads - can't search Search

2. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  3. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  4. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.: I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me, thank you....
  5. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.: I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me, thank you....
  6. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Cortana
    Can't search in file explorer or main search: Hello.I noticed that suddenly, in windows 10, the main search section, next to start button, does not respond when I click on it. So I cannot search anything there.Also, in file explorer, among the folders documents, pictures, music and videos, I cannot search in those...
  7. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't search in file explorer or main search: Hello.I noticed that suddenly, in windows 10, the main search section, next to start button, does not respond when I click on it. So I cannot search anything there.Also, in file explorer, among the folders documents, pictures, music and videos, I cannot search in those...
  8. Can't search in file explorer or main search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  10. Can't use search bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't use search bar in File Explorer: Hi, I've found an issue with File Explorer in Win version 1909. The search bar freezes and cannot be used. Very annoying indeed. Referenced also here: https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-version-1909-november-2019-update-breaks-file-explorer-search-25601307/ Anyone...