Windows 10: I cant see my cd drive

Discus and support I cant see my cd drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i know it works and it work with a cheap usb adapter but not with a normal sata cable what do i have to do? submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joey_0w0, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I cant see my cd drive

i know it works and it work with a cheap usb adapter but not with a normal sata cable

what do i have to do?

submitted by /u/Joey_0w0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joey_0w0, Jan 22, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 22, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

I cant see my cd drive

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I cant see my cd drive

1. I cant see my cd drive - Similar Threads - cant drive

2. Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Move Games from C drive to other Drive: Hey, so I downloaded Sea of Thives over the Night and now I wanna move it on my D drive cause I have more Space there. So I went into Settings > Apps > SoT and tried to move it. After a few Seconds into the Moving I get the Error "SoT cant be moved the Error Code is...
  3. Cant choose which drive I want to install an app on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant choose which drive I want to install an app on: Why cant i choose on which drive I want some apps to be installed on? It just installs and doesent ask me where I want to install it. For example Spotify. submitted by /u/Cultural_Attitude447 [link] [comments]...
  4. cant properly use 2nd drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant properly use 2nd drive: my second drive has a corrupted version of windows on it that doesn't work and I've tried everything to delete it, I'm just wanting to not spend money on a new drive, the only thing i need is more drive space, after all modern warfare has a very big file size... i just need...
  5. I've encrypted my files, moved to a hard drive and restored the computer. Now I cant access...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've encrypted my files, moved to a hard drive and restored the computer. Now I cant access...: I didn't think about the permissions when I started the process and now I'm afraid I lost my certificates, keys and all my files. I've tried to give access via the computer admin user with several suggestions I found found on the forums but nothing worked. I tried to undo...
  6. Windows 10 Installation boot loop, no usb or hard drive, cant access bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Installation boot loop, no usb or hard drive, cant access bios: Exactly what the title says, i did a clean install of windows, everything went fine until i got to the "computer restarted unexpectedly' error message. The pc is currently boot looping, with my bios key not working. I bought this machine with a 2tb ssd and no hardrive, and...
  7. Cant install games onto my ext. drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install games onto my ext. drive: So I've posted about this 2 other times, both times the person helping just disappears if I don't respond quick enough. The only way I can get continued help is to make a new post. Since early December last year, I've been having an issue with the Microsoft store with it not...
  8. Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP: ok look my hard drives are online everything is fine i just cant see them in the this pc tab in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-hard-drive-please-help/fb27c620-54dd-43e0-8ff8-c9f5028145b7
  9. Computer cant detect drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer cant detect drive: Hey so, I have a usb "easy store drive". However, it keeps saying "The directory name is invalid" and I can't access any storage on this drive. Does anyone have a solution to this?...
  10. Cant move apps to D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant move apps to D drive: Hello, i have forza on C drive and i want to install flight simulator but i have 30 gbs left so i need to install it to D. But everytime i try to move the forza or choose where will the apps save, it gives me error... I can download ONLY on C drive. [ATTACH] im sorry its in...