Windows 10: I can't see my desktop icon after boot

Discus and support I can't see my desktop icon after boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't see my desktop icon after boot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oak perez, Jun 16, 2024.

1. oak perez Win User

I can't see my desktop icon after boot

Why can't see my desktop icon after boot?

:)

oak perez, Jun 16, 2024

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 16, 2024
  4. I can't see my desktop icon after boot

Desktop Icons arranging

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

This issue may occur due to incorrect settings or due to conflict between third party applications.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    • Are you facing this issue on a Local account or a Microsoft account?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and login to the
    Admin account to check the status.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to perform the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the
      desktop
      and click on View.

• Uncheck the option Align icons to grid.

• Check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Clean Boot

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Follow these steps given in the link below to start the computer in clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

I can't see my desktop icon after boot

1. I can't see my desktop icon after boot - Similar Threads - can't desktop icon

2. I can't see my desktop icon after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my desktop icon after boot: Why can't see my desktop icon after boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-desktop-icon-after-boot/cfc4c4ba-87c0-4cfa-8924-ddadff15db51
  3. I can't see my desktop icon after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see my desktop icon after boot: Why can't see my desktop icon after boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-desktop-icon-after-boot/cfc4c4ba-87c0-4cfa-8924-ddadff15db51
  4. Desktop icons - Can't see when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons - Can't see when selected: When I click on a Desktop icon, I can barely see the "highlighting" or whatever it's called to show that it's been selected. How can I make the highlight color darker? I'm probably using the wrong terms but I don't know what they're officially called. I would appreciate...
  5. Can't see Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see Taskbar Icons: I woke up this morning to find I can't see half the Icons on my apps. What is happening?! I'm a scholar so I really need to switch apps often but turns out. I can't even see the apps!...
  6. I can't see my desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see my desktop apps: I can't show my start up desktop apps. what's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-desktop-apps/3600227f-08c0-4e21-b495-7d4c58752e0a
  7. After switching to tablet mode I can't see my desktop

After switching to tablet mode I can't see my desktop: I switched to tablet mode one day while reading a PDF. My computer seemed to want to stay in tablet mode after I flipped it back into laptop position so I just dealt with it that way for a while. Now I tried turning off tablet mode but the display still doesn't look...
  8. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...
  9. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...
  10. After start seeing desktop icons flash

in Windows 10 Support
    After start seeing desktop icons flash: Couple times today, I've seen the desktop icons all flash/flicker for a micro second. You know the type when something installs and desktop refreshes. But of course I am not installing anything. So possibly something background happening/updating. Is there some kind of...