Windows 10: I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers

Discus and support I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, We have a Windows Server 2012R2 as a print server and Windows 10-1903 clients. When I add a new printer, I can’t see printers on my “devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmirGh1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. AmirGh1 Win User

I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers

Hi,

We have a Windows Server 2012R2 as a print server and Windows 10-1903 clients.

When I add a new printer, I can’t see printers on my “devices and printers”, I can see them in device manager, or PowerShell (Get-Printer) or I can see on word-print menu!

Current printers are ok and we can see them on “devices and printers”.

And we have this issue on most of the computer with Windows 10 version 1903.

I believe this issue has started last week.

Please Advised.

:)

AmirGh1, Sep 14, 2019

2. Printer wont install

So my dad got a new printer for Christmas. Its a Kodak EASYSHARE all-in-one 5500 series printer.

I go to install the drivers leaving the printer unplugged from the computer (power cord is plugged in) and the instructions state to plug in the USB device when prompted. Okay...I wait until prompted and plug it in. It still sits there at the screen telling me to insert the USB cable to the back of the printer. I have tried it with the printer on and with it off. I have even tried using drivers off Kodak's website.

Not really sure what to do. Vista doesnt even try to install a driver for it when i plug it into the motherboard. Ive never had this problem with a printer before.

Not sure if i put this in the right section or not so if it isnt, mods feel free to move it. However it will be a networked printer. *Stick Out Tongue I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers :p

Any ideas guys?

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 25, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers - Similar Threads - can’t installed printer

2. I can’t find the driver for my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t find the driver for my printer: Where can i find the driver for my printer? My printer is no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-driver-for-my-printer/2e3f3f07-432d-4e07-83ee-6cf3fc2cb594
  3. I can’t find the driver for my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t find the driver for my printer: Where can i find the driver for my printer? My printer is no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-driver-for-my-printer/2e3f3f07-432d-4e07-83ee-6cf3fc2cb594
  4. My computer sees the printer as a media device on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer sees the printer as a media device on Windows 11: Way back when I first got my printer I plugged it into my laptop and the usual pop-up came on about wanting to choose what to do with this device" with the options being "Import Photos and Videos", "Import Photos and Videos", "Open device to view files" or "Take no action". I...
  5. My computer sees the printer as a media device on Windows 11

My computer sees the printer as a media device on Windows 11: Way back when I first got my printer I plugged it into my laptop and the usual pop-up came on about wanting to choose what to do with this device" with the options being "Import Photos and Videos", "Import Photos and Videos", "Open device to view files" or "Take no action". I...
  6. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...: I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I connect the printer to my computer just like what the statement says in the picture?...
  7. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...: I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I connect the printer to my computer just like what the statement says in the picture?...
  8. I have installed my printer but it's not on the list of devices and printers. How do I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. installing my printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing my printer: how can I install my HP LaserJet 1010 on window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-my-printer/8091902c-702a-4d2e-9189-8db16680fef8
  10. where do i see my printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do i see my printers.: How do I view my printers and scanners. Please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-see-my-printers/967d0dec-f6d8-4746-8d65-ad45b295b918

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see my printer on devices and printers

2. unabel to see installed printers in devices and printers