Windows 10: I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

Discus and support I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't see 640*480 display resolution on my laptop.How can I get it?I have tried going on the advanced display settings but the lowest resolution I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niceguy_1 ., Jul 9, 2024.

1. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

I can't see 640*480 display resolution on my laptop.How can I get it?I have tried going on the advanced display settings but the lowest resolution I can see is 800*600.Please help me.

:)

Niceguy_1 ., Jul 9, 2024
  2. rdwray Win User

Display scaling bug

This is real interesting and I hope someone has an answer. The display has two places to scale the resolution - either from a predefined list or advanced. I have a checkers program that uses 640 x 480 resolution which gives Windows a belly ache when I select 125% from the list and it resizes all running windows to the same resolution and sticks them up in the left corner. Here is the kicker, if I go to advanced and set it to 125%, it does not resize anything. I would be very interested in the explanation on this one.

rdwray, Jul 9, 2024
  3. Graham Win User
    Stuck in 640 x 480

Windows 10,
    Rockwell FactoryTalk View,
    Had some issues with compatibility with windows 10. One of windows brilliant suggestions was to have it run in 640 x 480. Now, even though that box is unchecked, the program always opens in that resolution. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled, rebooted the computer a couple thousand times and updated all drivers. Any ideas?

Graham, Jul 9, 2024
  4. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

1. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!! - Similar Threads - can't display resolution

2. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!: I can't see 640*480 display resolution on my laptop.How can I get it?I have tried going on the advanced display settings but the lowest resolution I can see is 800*600.Please help me....
  3. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!: I can't see 640*480 display resolution on my laptop.How can I get it?I have tried going on the advanced display settings but the lowest resolution I can see is 800*600.Please help me....
  4. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!: i cant see the resolution 640* 480 in my display settings. I tried to look for it in the advanced display options but still cant find it . The lowest resolution was 800*600. Please help me get the resolution 640*480....
  5. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!: i cant see the resolution 640* 480 in my display settings. I tried to look for it in the advanced display options but still cant find it . The lowest resolution was 800*600. Please help me get the resolution 640*480....
  6. I can't see the display resolution 640*480 even in my advanced display settings. Help!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...: It is an ASUS Model VS228 version VS228H-P display. It has displayed correctly before, I'm not sure what caused the change. I am making the changes on a Gateway GWNR71517-BL running an up to date version of Windows 11 Home edition. The day I noticed this effect I had updated...
  8. The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...

The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...: It is an ASUS Model VS228 version VS228H-P display. It has displayed correctly before, I'm not sure what caused the change. I am making the changes on a Gateway GWNR71517-BL running an up to date version of Windows 11 Home edition. The day I noticed this effect I had updated...
  9. Xbox One gets stuck on 640×480 resolution

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One gets stuck on 640×480 resolution: [ATTACH]Some users are not able to change the resolution of the Xbox One after connecting it to their TV. According to them, the screen resolution gets stuck on 640 x 480. When they try to change the resolution, they find no screen resolution available in the drop-down other...
  10. I can't set my display's resolution at 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't set my display's resolution at 1920x1080: My monitor (an old late 2000's/early 2010's SAMSUNG S22A1000N) supports 1920x1080 as its highest resolution. So it's aspect ratio should be 16:9 I guess. I had an NVIDIA GTS 450 graphics card which my computer repair guy removed because it was affecting my PC's performance...