Windows 10: I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer

Discus and support I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I press the power button on my Dell latitude e5410 it goes upto the windows 10 logo and the white spinning dots then the screen goes black (no cursor)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Heli0s, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Heli0s Win User

I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer

I press the power button on my Dell latitude e5410 it goes upto the windows 10 logo and the white spinning dots then the screen goes black (no cursor) and then I hear cortana but I cant see the screen (first time start up)

:)

Heli0s, Jul 20, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Cortana cant hear me

Hi Mac,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 20, 2019
  4. RajithR Win User

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. I cant see the screen but I can hear Cortana when I start up my computer - Similar Threads - cant screen hear

2. i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant: i have no sound for over 2 months oive tried all you experts tell me and same result fix it for once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-gateway-computer-others-can/201ffc42-1bb9-4113-b250-a7911406364f
  3. i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have no sound on my gateway computer others can hear me but i cant: i have no sound for over 2 months oive tried all you experts tell me and same result fix it for once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-gateway-computer-others-can/201ffc42-1bb9-4113-b250-a7911406364f
  4. cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11: I upgraded to windows 11 and cant see the start up menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-a-start-up-menu-when-i-downloaded-windows/c31c552a-7bd0-4069-b0be-a4cca29fdc60
  5. cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11

cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11: I upgraded to windows 11 and cant see the start up menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-a-start-up-menu-when-i-downloaded-windows/c31c552a-7bd0-4069-b0be-a4cca29fdc60
  6. cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant see a start up menu when i downloaded windows 11: I upgraded to windows 11 and cant see the start up menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-see-a-start-up-menu-when-i-downloaded-windows/c31c552a-7bd0-4069-b0be-a4cca29fdc60
  7. I cant hear anybody but they can hear me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant hear anybody but they can hear me: so i tried setting my default device and communications device and stuff, on discord tried using legacy audio system, all of the inputs and outputs are correct, they can hear me, but i cant hear anybody, i can still hear YouTube and stuff tho, i don't remember messing around...
  8. My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!

My audio on my computer wont work I can hear but they cant hear me!!!: I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY COMPUTERS AUDIO. ITS NOT MUTED THAT I KNOW OF AND IT KEEPS SAYING IT IS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-on-my-computer-wont-work-i-can-hear-but/fbf6ad9b-f802-4700-973d-c1ad480159a8
  9. computer screen is black when i start it up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer screen is black when i start it up: every time i boot up my laptop, the screen is black but the screen is still showing light. My pc froze when i hit the windows button last night so i decided to just turn it off with the power button, but now i'm worried becuase i can't get my computer to work. I have not...
  10. I cannot hear Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot hear Cortana: I have installed US English language pack on my Windows 10 PC, including text-to-speech, typewriting etc. But I have a problem with Cortana: she can hear me but I cannot hear her. She is muted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HEAR CORTANA BU CANT SEE HER