Windows 10: I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's....

Discus and support I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cybernetic343 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cybernetic343, Nov 21, 2019.

1. I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's....

/u/Cybernetic343, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Dgo47 Win User

I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's....

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's....

1. I can't see thumbnails on any of my pictures and my files are full of these little X's.... - Similar Threads - can't thumbnails pictures

2. I can't see green on my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't see green on my monitor: My monitor doesn't show green. Like I looked up the "color green" on google and the color is not green it's like a light blue. If I take a screenshot of it and send it to someone else it shows green on their computer, but on my screen I see it as a blue. It is really annoying...
  3. Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon: I only see an Icon when browsing my pictures. If the screen refreshes, I momentarily see the photo but then they all return to a blue mountain Icon. I checked in "options" and made sure that the box in "view" stating "always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked....
  4. I can't see my AMD Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't see my AMD Settings: Hello. I have a problem. I have Ryzen 3 2200G and when i click right click on my desktop i can't see AMD Settings, I can't find settings in search too. I think it is because of drivers, i have 1903 version of Windows 10 Pro, and i have Ryzen 2000 ready on my motherboard so...
  5. Can't access virtually any of my pictures on my One drive.

Can't access virtually any of my pictures on my One drive.: I go to my one drive and all of a sudden I can't see any of my pictures on there. There are hardly any thumbnails either. I have more than one email account so could this be an issue? Although, I have signed in under each and still can't see them. It is driving me insane...
  6. red x by my pictures

red x by my pictures: I have a red x by my pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-by-my-pictures/09f783be-bd66-4ba8-afb6-984754eecaad"
  7. can't send pictures or video and can't see any pictures or videos that someone sends

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't send pictures or video and can't see any pictures or videos that someone sends: I try to send a picture to family and friends and what not but it doesn't let me it's the sane with sending a video and when someone sends me a picture or video it yelled Mr to download it and I try to bit it loss and them just said to download again I have tried to do it...
  8. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

in the user file i can't see my account user file.: I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user. [ATTACH]...
  9. instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them

in Windows 10 Customization
    instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them: In Windows 10 Mail instead of pictures, i have blank boxes with a little red x in them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instead-of-pictures-i-have-blank-boxes-with-a/22f1f889-9e6e-4f8f-9385-6ef6eb23f716
  10. Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?: I have window 10 home. I'm in the directory on my hard disk c:\ I can see maybe 2-3 thumbnails preview the rest are icons and i have like 400 items most of them thumbnails/images of some types: png jpg bmp. My hard disk c: have 93.6 GB free out of 139 GB And i tried...