Windows 10: I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security

Discus and support I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought my DELL Inspiron in 2018. It came with 1-year McAfee Subscription. I didn't pay any attention to Windows Security during the past, however,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by irhuma, Oct 15, 2019.

1. irhuma Win User

I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security

I bought my DELL Inspiron in 2018. It came with 1-year McAfee Subscription. I didn't pay any attention to Windows Security during the past, however, and when I received notification from McAfee informing me that my current subscription is almost due to expire, I've chatted to a colleague of mine and he assure me that "there's no need for antivirus since Win-10 security is decent and OK". I uninstalled McAfee immediately, but when I went to Windows Security Dash (Security at Glance) I couldn't find that option that should read (Virus & Threat Protection) . When I search for it, I can see the "black" logo, but upon clicking on it (or even when I Righ-click on any folder and try to scan using Windows Defender), a pop-on message that read (your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available). I am the administrator of this laptop and it's not company-customized, moreover, I've contacted the Windows support team, who tried to update the current version of the Windows but nothing seems helpful. See attachment? Any Help

I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security [​IMG]

It seems like McAfee (somehow) managed to block my default Windows protection in order to force users to purchase (renew) their product?

I've tried everything, from Regedit, gpedit, re0installing McAfee completely, net user administrator /active:yes and everything recommended, but still nothing appears under Security Dash? Which's abnormal?

I've REINSTALLED McAfee again, I've checked other Windows-10 devices at work and all of them show the icon that reads (Virus & Threat Protection) under Security at a glance, however, I can't see it. Moreover, if I go under : Windows Security/ Settings/ Manage Providers, it read under Antivirus (no provider) and under firewall (McAfee ON/ WinDef OFF).

Something not right?

Please help!

:)

irhuma, Oct 15, 2019

2. Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Oct 15, 2019
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Oct 15, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security - Similar Threads - can't Virus Threat

2. Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security: Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-see-virus-and-threat-protection-in/ed533d5c-46c4-4339-8c45-2f14806a763e
  3. Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security: Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-see-virus-and-threat-protection-in/ed533d5c-46c4-4339-8c45-2f14806a763e
  4. Unable to see Virus and threat protection in windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  6. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  7. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security: There is no virus & threat protection in my computer. I don't know why. I try several ways to solve it but won't help. I tried to use Windows PowerShellAdmin to enter reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 1 /t...
  9. I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't find virus & threat protection in my windows security: There is no virus & threat protection in my computer. I don't know why. I try several ways to solve it but won't help. I tried to use Windows PowerShellAdmin to enter reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 1 /t...
  10. I can't activate windows security's Virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't activate windows security's Virus & threat protection: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/n1kk10ch1r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4s142/i_cant_activate_windows_securitys_virus_threat/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see virus and threat protection

2. cant find virus & threat protection

3. i cannot see virus and threat protection

4. Why cant I see Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 10 Security?