Windows 10: I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.

Discus and support I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the problem i have with my computer is that i cant seem to wake my computer from sleep mode using my keyboard and mouse despite that i have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stevengiang2003, Feb 22, 2019.

1. I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.

So the problem i have with my computer is that i cant seem to wake my computer from sleep mode using my keyboard and mouse despite that i have checked off the boxes that say "Allow device to wake computer up." I have also tried turning off "fast turn off." The only way that i can wake my computer is by pushing the power button on my computer. I am currently running on windows 10 64 bit. Also this computer is really new just built it this month.

:)

stevengiang2003, Feb 22, 2019
  2. EdwardYQ Win User

Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Feb 22, 2019
  3. _JP_ Win User
    Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer. nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

4. I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.

Mouse wake PC

I want the keyboard to be able to wake up my PC. Just not the mouse.

GoFigureItOut, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer.

1. I cant seem to be able to get my keyboard or mouse to wake my computer. - Similar Threads - cant seem able

2. I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas: I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas. When i do get them into place, it pops straight back out.I am using a dell latitude 3120 and i am not able to buy any replacement parts if it is damaged....
  3. I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas: I cant seem to be able to reconnect my WLAN display antennas. When i do get them into place, it pops straight back out.I am using a dell latitude 3120 and i am not able to buy any replacement parts if it is damaged....
  4. i cant get in my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i cant get in my computer: HelloSo yestetday i made microsoft account. An now today im trying to log in through my computer but i cant. I cant even to write a pasword. Its not showing me ‘type a password’ only my username and click ‘log in’ I tried to restore the system and its asking for microsoft...
  5. i cant get in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant get in my computer: HelloSo yestetday i made microsoft account. An now today im trying to log in through my computer but i cant. I cant even to write a pasword. Its not showing me ‘type a password’ only my username and click ‘log in’ I tried to unistall the system and its asking for microsoft...
  6. i cant get in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant get in my computer: HelloSo yestetday i made microsoft account. An now today im trying to log in through my computer but i cant. I cant even to write a pasword. Its not showing me ‘type a password’ only my username and click ‘log in’ I tried to unistall the system and its asking for microsoft...
  7. Cant get mouse to wake up computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant get mouse to wake up computer: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 I can't find any feature of KB or Mouse to wake up computer ie pressing keys or shaking mouse). The only thing that works is to press the power button. Device Manager for mouse is checked in Power Management for "Allow this device to...
  8. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  9. Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer: I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor. After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press...
  10. Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC: I have the option clicked on to have the mouse and keyboard to wake the pc up on sleep mode, but it will not work. Any suggestions? I have went to device manager and made sure the option is clicked on both to wake up pc not working. I have also checked for updates on...