Windows 10: I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what

Discus and support I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from a 1050ti to a 1660ti two days ago, and I was trying to update the 1660ti's drivers. GeForce Experience, as well as the actual driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlo V., Jul 9, 2019.

1. Carlo V. Win User

I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what

I upgraded from a 1050ti to a 1660ti two days ago, and I was trying to update the 1660ti's drivers. GeForce Experience, as well as the actual driver installation file that I downloaded from Nvidia, told me that my Windows version is outdated. The 10 series of GPU's were released in 2016 and the 16 series of GPU's were released only a couple of months ago.

My problem is, I'm trying to update my current Windows Version which is 1607 to any recent Windows version, but it won't. I tried last year to update my Windows version but it just never worked. Even with Windows Update Assistant, but it didn't seem very urgent to me as I could still use everything in my computer, so I remember turning off Windows Update Assistant, and that was that. Here I am now trying to update again and I've reinstalled Windows Update Assistant (hoping it turns everything back on) and it won't work, I ditched that option and I tried the Media Creation Tool from Windows, I've created a flash drive with the Windows set up on it and tried to use it to install the new version but it reverted back to 1607. I've used Windows Update Troubleshooter and Windows Update (from the settings of Windows 10, from Updates and Security), Windows Update Assistant, and the Media Creation Tool won't work.

I had a last resort and that was resetting my PC but keeping all my files, even that didn't work. I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what b98f6b7c-277d-4b21-8101-1c3b22d10c1f?upload=true.png

I've tried so many tips and tricks on this forum and others, such as going into test mode and turning off driver signature enforcement. That didn't work cause my Windows Version still isn't compatible with the latest drivers.

My computer's specs are:

Windows 10 Home (64bit OS)

1TB Toshiba Hard Drive (350GB of free space)

GTX 1660ti (Originally GT 730)

8GB DDR3 RAM (Originally 4GB)

AMD FX 8320e Processor Black Edition

My only goal is to update my Windows Version WITHOUT losing all my files.

I really need some help, thank you.

EDIT: Grammar errors

:)

Carlo V., Jul 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 9, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't seem to be able to update my PC's Windows 10 version no matter what - Similar Threads - can't seem able

2. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  3. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  4. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Update My Windows 10 Computer No Matter What I Try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Update My Windows 10 Computer No Matter What I Try: For some weird reason, I can't seem to update my Windows 10 computer. At the Windows Update settings, my computer says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.", so I try checking my computer for updates but not much is done. Sometimes my computer won't...
  6. Can't Update My Windows 10 Computer No Matter What I Try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update My Windows 10 Computer No Matter What I Try: For some weird reason, I can't seem to update my Windows 10 computer. At the Windows Update settings, my computer says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.", so I try checking my computer for updates but not much is done. Sometimes my computer won't...
  7. Can't Update My Windows 10 Computer No Matter What I Try

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Update to Windows 10 pro version 20H2 Fails no matter what.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 pro version 20H2 Fails no matter what.: Hi for the last few months despite repeated attempts to update to the Feature Update 20H2 version the update fails.for exampleFailed to install on ‎28/‎07/‎2021 - 0x8024000bLast failed install attempt on ‎28/‎07/‎2021 - 0x80242016Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎07/‎2021 -...
  9. Used "Reset this PC" today, can't seem to disable Cortana no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used "Reset this PC" today, can't seem to disable Cortana no matter what I do.: [ATTACH] I want my search function to be a simple local files search, I hate the "internet connected' features, and I hate the fact that it shows search history there, etc. I just want it to be a simple search. And that's how it was beofre, but I can't seem to get that...
  10. Can't reinstall Windows 10 onto PC no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reinstall Windows 10 onto PC no matter what I do: I have been trying all night to install Windows 10 on a new set of drives in my desktop. First I tried setting them up in RAID, followed the instructions from AMD, did not think anything of it when the installer asked for drivers, loaded the RAID drivers in the proper order,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4507453 cant open settings