Windows 10: I can't seem to get this to work mklink

Discus and support I can't seem to get this to work mklink in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, May 11, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

I can't seem to get this to work mklink

I'm using 2 directories
    1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware
    2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare

I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware"
    With this line I get " Cannot create file that already exists "
    What file is it talking about?
    How do I edit this to make it work?
    Which directory do I need to create 1 or 2?
    What have I done wrong?

Thanks to all of you for the excellent help, John

:)

2. MDougC Win User

MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, May 11, 2020
  3. MKLINK not working

winver 18363.628

Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result

So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too (/h). The link is being made to a target on the same logical drive (volume). Drive D: is FAT32 and is a partition on an SSD physical disk with the C: logical drive (NTFS-formatted, of course). I see no indication that symlinks (soft or hard) are not supported on FAT32 drives

Code:

mavigozler, May 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the folders created using mklink disappear when the PC is restarted.

Since the issue is only happening on Domain connected computers, it could be due to Group Policy settings set by the organization. You may want to get in touch with the IT admin of your organization and check for the settings.

However, if you are an IT admin, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Domain connected computers, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Domain connected computers to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

For additional information, see
    mklink

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't seem to get this to work mklink - Similar Threads - can't seem mklink

2. Can't seem to get my laptop to work with my TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to get my laptop to work with my TV: I have my laptop connected to a TV using a HDMI cable. The TV knows the PC is their as if i check it says "HDMI PC". However nothing shows on my TV. I found out why and it is because i have my settings as "PC screen only" So i used the Win+P shortcut and changed it to...
  3. Can't seem to get my laptop to work with my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to get my laptop to work with my TV: I have my laptop connected to a TV using a HDMI cable. The TV knows the PC is their as if i check it says "HDMI PC". However nothing shows on my TV. I found out why and it is because i have my settings as "PC screen only" So i used the Win+P shortcut and changed it to...
  4. mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  5. mklink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  6. mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I just can't seem to get the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just can't seem to get the 2004 update: For the past two months, I've been trying to get this update. I have the option to download and install. But it's like getting stuck between downloading and installing. Today, it got stuck to 94% installing then went back to downloading :') I left it running for HOURS....
  8. I can't seem to get this to work mklink

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't seem to get this to work mklink: I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware" With this line I get "...
  9. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...
  10. Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working..."

in Cortana
    Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working...": Cortana is basically offline and can't respond to anything. I'm up to date, Win 10 1903 build. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-i-cant-seem-to-get-the-internet-working/6d044da3-8905-4f61-b7e0-769984207859"