Windows 10: I can't seem to get this to work mklink

Discus and support I can't seem to get this to work mklink in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RBCC, May 11, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

I can't seem to get this to work mklink

I'm using 2 directories
    1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware
    2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare

I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware"
    With this line I get " Cannot create file that already exists "
    What file is it talking about?
    How do I edit this to make it work?
    Which directory do I need to create 1 or 2?
    What have I done wrong?

Thanks to all of you for the excellent help, John

:)

2. MDougC Win User

MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, May 11, 2020
  3. MKLINK not working

winver 18363.628

Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result

So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too (/h). The link is being made to a target on the same logical drive (volume). Drive D: is FAT32 and is a partition on an SSD physical disk with the C: logical drive (NTFS-formatted, of course). I see no indication that symlinks (soft or hard) are not supported on FAT32 drives

Code:

mavigozler, May 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the folders created using mklink disappear when the PC is restarted.

Since the issue is only happening on Domain connected computers, it could be due to Group Policy settings set by the organization. You may want to get in touch with the IT admin of your organization and check for the settings.

However, if you are an IT admin, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Domain connected computers, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Domain connected computers to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

For additional information, see
    mklink

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't seem to get this to work mklink - Similar Threads - can't seem mklink

2. I can't seem to get this to work mklink

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't seem to get this to work mklink: I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware" With this line I get "...
  3. I can't get the Windows Hello to work in my computer anymore. It seems tha the site can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't get the Windows Hello to work in my computer anymore. It seems tha the site can't...: I used to open my desk with my facial but somehow it stopped working. Can anyone provide me with an option? Thanks. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...
  5. Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working..."

in Cortana
    Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working...": Cortana is basically offline and can't respond to anything. I'm up to date, Win 10 1903 build. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-i-cant-seem-to-get-the-internet-working/6d044da3-8905-4f61-b7e0-769984207859"
  6. I can't seem to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't seem to activate windows: I recently upgraded my PC from a 7600k based system to 3700x. Due to this I had to change motherboard, Ram and PSU as well (my old PSU did not provide enough Power). Now I can't activate Windows. I had Norwegian Windows 10 home. I chose to install it in English this time...
  7. I can't get spellchecker to work

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't get spellchecker to work: Hi all, now for my second query. On windows 10 the spell checker is not working. I've checked settings and it is switched on. Is it a Google Chrome setting problem? It used to work OK on Windows 7 on my old laptop.... *Confused 121230
  8. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...
  9. I can't get Cortana to start/work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get Cortana to start/work: I can't get Cortana to start/work - just says it's disabled for my area UK, UK english - time zone London - what's going on here? 17895
  10. Can't seem to get the "Get Windows 10 app"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to get the "Get Windows 10 app": Okay, so, I checked the list of hardware requirements and my computer will run Windows 10 just fine. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and according to my Windows Updater I am all up to date. I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions provided by Microsoft including running...