Windows 10: I cant' seem to use the search function in windows 10

Discus and support I cant' seem to use the search function in windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use the search function it just keeps loading and doesn't show whatever I need... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Eron922, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Eron922 Win User

I cant' seem to use the search function in windows 10

Whenever I try to use the search function it just keeps loading and doesn't show whatever I need

:)

Eron922, Jun 19, 2021
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on https://geeksadvice.com/fix-windows-search-not-working/

MattCorey, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 search function not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic

Method 1: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2021
  4. BillBo38 Win User

Search function windows 10

I have a problem with the windows 10 search function.
    None of my epub files is found.
    file: epub no result,
    ext: epub no result,
    *.epub no result,
    Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result

Any suggestions, please.

BillBo38, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. I cant' seem to use the search function in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cant' seem search

2. Why can't I use the windows search function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use the windows search function?: Hi, I am having an issue with the windows search function. Every time I click on "Type here to search" on the bottom left, it has no effect and doesn't allow me to search anything. I have tried restarting my laptop, rebuilding the indexing, and troubleshooting the problem...
  3. Why can't I use the windows search function?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use the windows search function?: Hi, I am having an issue with the windows search function. Every time I click on "Type here to search" on the bottom left, it has no effect and doesn't allow me to search anything. I have tried restarting my laptop, rebuilding the indexing, and troubleshooting the problem...
  4. Cannot use windows search function

Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  5. Cannot use windows search function

in Cortana
    Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  6. Cannot use windows search function

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I cant use windows search at all

in Cortana
    I cant use windows search at all: When i try to use it it freezes up and when i try to type anything it just closes, tried checking fro corrupted files, indexing, and troubleshooter.example:https://imgur.com/a/q9WOarF...
  8. I cant use windows search at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use windows search at all: When i try to use it it freezes up and when i try to type anything it just closes, tried checking fro corrupted files, indexing, and troubleshooter.example:https://imgur.com/a/q9WOarF...
  9. I cant use windows search at all

10. Why cant the File Search function search for files using partial names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why cant the File Search function search for files using partial names?: Something that has plagued me since I began using Windows 10 is how awful the file search function is. In EVERY case I use the file search function it is to locate a specific file within a singular folder with only a partial name, and each time I was mystified as to why it...