Windows 10: I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

Discus and support I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently tried reformating my pc as some games have started to not work, ive tried re-installing them and it hasnt worked. while reformating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by olibehevis, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

I have recently tried reformating my pc as some games have started to not work, ive tried re-installing them and it hasnt worked.

while reformating it got stuck at 33% of the way, for about 2 and a half hours. So i looked up how to get off 33% and the issues that come with it and i stumbled on another microsoft questions page and it has told me that i should full boot my pc 3-4 times, which i have done so.

in doing that i tried to start reformating again, but it keeps coming up with “there was an error resetting your PC, nothing has been done” or something along the lines of that.

Now i cant start another reformat (removing all the files btw) and i would like to ask if waiting would work and eventualy i can reset my PC

any help is appreciated with this situation.

:)

olibehevis, Jul 16, 2019

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jul 16, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 16, 2019
  4. lbeck Win User

I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

How do I reformat entire computer?

Thanks Rich and dalchina. I'll concentrate on that option.

Will that also convert my disk from dynamic back to basic, or do I need to do that as a separate step prior to installing Windows?

ADDED LATER:

1. Booted from USB
    2. did not get the screen shown in the tutorial
    3. Options from USB Boot = Choose an option -> troubleshoot -> reset this PC -> remove everything-> all drives-> fully clean the drive -> There was a problem resetting your PC

lbeck, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

1. I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset) - Similar Threads - can’t seem too

2. why can’t i reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can’t i reset my pc?: i am stuck in a automatic repair loop and i’ve tried everything and nothing works so i tried resetting my pc and it says “there was a problem resetting your pc”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-reset-my-pc/414dca7f-d759-4bd2-9a30-7d4d796592d0
  3. why can’t i reset my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why can’t i reset my pc?: i am stuck in a automatic repair loop and i’ve tried everything and nothing works so i tried resetting my pc and it says “there was a problem resetting your pc”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-reset-my-pc/414dca7f-d759-4bd2-9a30-7d4d796592d0
  4. i can’t reset my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can’t reset my PC: I am trying to reset my PC but every time it show a message : “ there a was problem resetting your PC .no changes were made”then i ran a Startup Repair and got the message:” start up, couldn’t repair your PClog file: F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.bxt”what can i do...
  5. i can’t reset my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can’t reset my PC: I am trying to reset my PC but every time it show a message : “ there a was problem resetting your PC .no changes were made”then i ran a Startup Repair and got the message:” start up, couldn’t repair your PClog file: F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.bxt”what can i do...
  6. i can’t reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why can’t i reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t i reset my pc?: so i downloaded a game from oceanofgames and it runs well but when i go to sleep and open my laptop in the morning suddenly my laptop turns into blue screen and it says unmountable boot volume i’ve tried the command prompt method and it doesn’t work for me ,when i check my...
  8. Can’t seem to reset PC... help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t seem to reset PC... help!: Hi, windows attempted to update, and now I’m getting a looping message ‘Undoing changes made to your computer’. I can’t seem to start it in safe mode. It just doesn’t start up at all. So decided to reset the entire thing both saving my files and clearing the whole laptop,...
  9. I can’t seem to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t seem to reset my pc: Hi, I’m kinda new to both this sub Reddit but also Windows. So sorry in advance if this is an easy problem:) But I can’t seem to be able to reset my computer at all! As it says “could not find the recovery environment” I’ve tried reagentc /enable and disable nether work as it...
  10. Can’t Reset My Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t Reset My Pc: Hello, When i try to reset my PC and type password, got this message ‘The password is incorrect. Try again.’. This password is supposed to my pc login password or microsoft account password. I try both and not different. Can anyone help to me and explain. I try to reset...