Windows 10: I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

Discus and support I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Was on Verizon email. I migrated to aol still using my Verizon.net email address. I bought a new computer and can't send email. I was able to receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mona1FF, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mona1FF Win User

I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

Was on Verizon email. I migrated to aol still using my Verizon.net email address. I bought a new computer and can't send email. I was able to receive email by using imap.aol.com but nothing I have tried works for outgoing mail. I have tried every variation of smtp.verizon.net or aol.com with 965, 465, 587, and 993 both with and without :1 and nothing works.

:)

Mona1FF, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on... [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on... [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on... [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Mobile Me setup problems on a N900 (T-Mobile and AT&T DSL)

Hi!

On my Nokia N900 phone I can do the following just fine (whether my internet connection is T-Mobile Internet or AT&T DSL via an Airport Extreme):

• Send and receive Gmail mail (IMAP and SMTP works fine)
    • Receive MobileMe email (IMAP works fine)

What I can't do is send MobileMe email. The N900's email client appears to connect and authenticate with the smtp.me.com server, then it spits back an "unable to send" message.

Also, my MacBook Pro's Mail client works fine on my home Airport Extreme / AT&T DSL network.

My SMTP settings:

• smtp.me.com
    • username: (just the part before the @mac.com)
    • secure authentication set to "login" (i.e., "password")
    • secure connection set to SSL & Port 587

I've futzed with the settings to no avail (turned secure connection off, turned secure auth off, etc.). Even as a test I messed up the Gmail settings then set them back to the proper settings and still get Gmail to work, so something is going on where smtp.me.com
    is rejecting the email, even though its mac.com email.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance !!

Gene_Avenir, Aug 6, 2019
  4. I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

1. I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on... - Similar Threads - can't send email

2. Why I can't send an e-mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't send an e-mail?: Why I can't send an e-mail and what to do to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-send-an-e-mail/c3be8ca5-b604-481a-9e5d-3636e93af57b
  3. Why I can't send an e-mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't send an e-mail?: Why I can't send an e-mail and what to do to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-send-an-e-mail/c3be8ca5-b604-481a-9e5d-3636e93af57b
  4. Why can't I send or receive mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  5. Why can't I send or receive mail?

Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  6. I can't send emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't send emails: My computer is not sending emails and I am not receiving them. However when I use my phone or I-pad, I don’t have any problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-send-emails/fec388f6-e77c-4f8d-ad2a-051b01a977a5
  7. Gmail: outgoing emails not sending

Gmail: outgoing emails not sending: HI There! I have just got a new laptop and whilst emails arrive into my Gmail account, outgoing ones are saved as drafts with a send error message about the addresses or size of the message. Neither are inappropriate. I am sure this is a school girl error and would be so...
  8. I can't send email

I can't send email: I can't send email....this is the message I get, but when I look in my outbox, it says "sending" or "still working on it". We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is...
  9. I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.: Hi! So I've been trying to get into Firefox on my laptop and it says I need to ask for parent permission. I clicked ask by email and nothing showed up on my email for my dads. I've done some research into seeing what might fix the problem. My dad and I went into the family...
  10. I can't get into settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't get into settings.: When I click on the windows icon, nothing happens. If I right click, I get the menu. When I click on "Settings", I get the settings logo for about 3 seconds, then it closes. I can't get into settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nokia n900 email setup in 2019