Windows 10: I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

Discus and support I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with Sea of Thieves, a game that cannot be executed in the background so I want to change it but i dont know where the option in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pablo Ortiz Gervilla, Nov 30, 2022.

1. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

Hello I have a problem with Sea of Thieves, a game that cannot be executed in the background so I want to change it but i dont know where the option in configuration is. I have Windows 11, and i didn't find a good answer in google so here I am.Thanks.Cheers

:)

Pablo Ortiz Gervilla, Nov 30, 2022

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Nov 30, 2022
  4. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

1. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background - Similar Threads - cant set game

2. i cant set my game as priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant set my game as priority: i want to play beamng or beammp on high priority beacause its really laggy. In the screenshot i run the task manager as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-set-my-game-as-priority/4614f249-be52-49e9-bb39-b632c58ef608
  3. i cant set my game as priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant set my game as priority: i want to play beamng or beammp on high priority beacause its really laggy. In the screenshot i run the task manager as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-set-my-game-as-priority/4614f249-be52-49e9-bb39-b632c58ef608
  4. I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background

I cant set a game to be able to be executend in the background: Hello I have a problem with Sea of Thieves, a game that cannot be executed in the background so I want to change it but i dont know where the option in configuration is. I have Windows 11, and i didn't find a good answer in google so here I am.Thanks.Cheers...
  5. i am not able to select Spotlight in Settings>Personalization>Background, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am not able to select Spotlight in Settings>Personalization>Background, Windows 11: Demo:- It won't let me select the 'Spotlight' Optionand also :- The 'Switch to next picture' is grayed outWhat should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-select-spotlight-in/fabcaf7a-8358-44d6-a470-73da3981bf6a
  6. i am not able to select Spotlight in Settings>Personalization>Background, Windows 11

i am not able to select Spotlight in Settings>Personalization>Background, Windows 11: Demo:- It won't let me select the 'Spotlight' Optionand also :- The 'Switch to next picture' is grayed outWhat should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-select-spotlight-in/fabcaf7a-8358-44d6-a470-73da3981bf6a
  7. Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings and also I cant able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings and also I cant able to...: It all began when I uninstalled the Mcafee AV. I have uninstalled the Mcafee AV and used MCPR software to remove all the Mcafee related files since then I'm facing this windows defender firewall issue.I tried resetting my PC it didn't work out well. Is there any solution for...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings and also I cant able to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings and also I cant able to...: It all began when I uninstalled the Mcafee AV. I have uninstalled the Mcafee AV and used MCPR software to remove all the Mcafee related files since then I'm facing this windows defender firewall issue.I tried resetting my PC it didn't work out well. Is there any solution for...
  9. Can't Disable Background Captures in Gaming Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Disable Background Captures in Gaming Settings?: Hi, I've heard that the background captures option in the gaming part of the settings menu can give me better performance in games if I turn it off, but I simply don't have the option to turn it off. The only option I have is to see where captures get saved and change where...
  10. cant able to change pc settings issue with update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant able to change pc settings issue with update: when i try to change my personalization settings i'm getting like "you need to active windows before you can personalize your pc" what should i do now...