Windows 10: I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop

Discus and support I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't set a pin or use windows hello, I think this is a administration issue. Although i can log in through my microsoft password and email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Neico nmin2, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop

I can't set a pin or use windows hello, I think this is a administration issue. Although i can log in through my microsoft password and email verification. Even though i gave my self permission on the ngc folder i can't delete it. It also says i require permission from the administrator but i should be the admin. Thats what is says on ngc properties and settings On cmd prompts the administrator account is disabled but when I put in the active= yes code is says system error 5 or along those lines.

:)

Neico nmin2, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 24, 2023
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 24, 2023
  4. B_Patel Win User

I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop

Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error:

"we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a pin later."

Any suggestion on how to solve this??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

B Patel

B_Patel, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop

1. I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop - Similar Threads - can't set pin

2. I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set a pin or use windows hello on my laptop: I can't set a pin or use windows hello, I think this is a administration issue. Although i can log in through my microsoft password and email verification. Even though i gave my self permission on the ngc folder i can't delete it. It also says i require permission from the...
  3. Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?

Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?: Hi. I have just purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad with Windows 11. Every time I sign in, it tells me to set up a Windows Hello pin, but when I try to I get an error message. I am able to skip it, but it makes the process of signing in very lengthy and frustrating. I would...
  4. Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I set up a Windows Hello pin?: Hi. I have just purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad with Windows 11. Every time I sign in, it tells me to set up a Windows Hello pin, but when I try to I get an error message. I am able to skip it, but it makes the process of signing in very lengthy and frustrating. I would...
  5. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  6. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  7. Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin: Recently i have changed my Microsoft Hello pin.After changing the pin i am unable to unlock my laptop by both hellopin and by password.•This what happens when i try to unblock my laptop with hellopin "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in...
  8. Can't use windows hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use windows hello pin: I tried to set up my pin on my new laptop because I don't want to login using my long password but it doesn't work. If my laptop isn't connected to the internet it always shows "Your device is offline. Use another Sign-in method blablabla", but if it's connected to the...
  9. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...
  10. I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin: I can't reset my Windows Hello pin. I DO NOT have the option to "Remove" the pin in the "Sign In Options" settings. I have tried to reset the passcode on lock screen, but it doesn't work either because my domain credentials aren't tied to the passcode portion. I have removed...