Windows 10: I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

Discus and support I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ÖmerEren2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows remembered what level I have set my brightness to, seperately for plugged and unplugged use. But shortly after some update, this feature stopped working too. Now, it doesn't remember any of my brightness settings. I can change the brightness manually of course, but I dont want to do that every time I plug or unplug my laptop. Did this happen to everyone? Or is it just me? In any case, is there a workaround that allows me to set different brightness levels for both use case scenarios?

:)

ÖmerEren2, Nov 26, 2019

2. screen brightness plugged in/unplugged

Hi,

My laptop's screen brightness used to change depending on whether it was plugged in or not. So I could set the brightness to a lower level when not plugged in, to save battery. After the recent updates, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work anymore
    as plugging in or unplugging doesn't change the brightness level. Is there anything I can do to make it work like it used to? Thanks.

GokturkDemir, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my default brightness level when plugged in. But now when I change in the brightness level, it stays the
    same even when I plug it in. Is there a way to have distinct brightness levels depending on whether my computer is plugged in or not?

chrisboy61, Nov 26, 2019
  4. I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

Hi chrisboy61

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor.

Unplug the computer > Windows Key+A > Keep clicking on brightness till you reach at a level desired by you

Plug in the computer > Repeat the above steps and then Unplug

Now this setting should stick.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

1. I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use. - Similar Threads - can't set different

2. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  3. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  4. Brightness Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  5. Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged

Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged: Hi there, Previous status: brightness 100%, plugged in; brightness 50%, unplugged. When I unplugged the laptop, the brightness will decrease down to 50%. And will increase back to 100% when the laptop plugged in back automatically. Current status: Always keep the...
  6. Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery: I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows...
  7. screen brightness plugged in/unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen brightness plugged in/unplugged: Hi, My laptop's screen brightness used to change depending on whether it was plugged in or not. So I could set the brightness to a lower level when not plugged in, to save battery. After the recent updates, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work anymore as plugging in...
  8. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  9. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged: My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my default brightness level when plugged in. But now when I change in the brightness level, it stays the same even when I plug it...
  10. Cannot set level of brightness

Cannot set level of brightness: I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you....