Windows 10: I can't set monitor's brightness

Discus and support I can't set monitor's brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohanWibowo, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I can't set monitor's brightness

My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date.

Recently I had similar troubles. My keyboard didn't work 2 weeks ago but it was solved by updating the driver. Just yesterday my keyboard didn't work again even though its driver was already updated. This was solved by pressing Fn + Ctrl +Alt + Up arrow (I have no idea why this worked).

So why can't I change my monitor's brightness?

:)

JohanWibowo, Dec 22, 2018

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 22, 2018
  4. HectorGzz Win User

I can't set monitor's brightness

Problems with monitor brightness control

Original Title: monitor brightness

Having problems with monitor brightness control, it doesn´t respond and can´t get it brighter, keeps getting down like crazy?

HectorGzz, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

I can't set monitor's brightness

1. I can't set monitor's brightness - Similar Threads - can't set monitor's

2. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  3. No Brightness Setting with New Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Brightness Setting with New Monitor: I just bought a new Sceptre monitor. For some reason, the monitor adjusts its brightness automatically depending on what is on the screen. I've tried searching online and I found that you have to turn a adaptive brightness control in "brightness" setting, however, I do not...
  4. Setting brightness on iiyama monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting brightness on iiyama monitor: I have a new iiyama prolite B2283HS monitor. I wish to reduce the brightness as it is far too high. I understand the brightness can be adjusted by accessing the Picture Adjust menu. However the Picture Adjust menu is greyed out so can't be accessed. How can i adjust the...
  5. Can't change brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness setting: I can't change the brightness setting on my laptop. I've tried going to Device Manager and updating the drivers, disabling and enabling, restarting the computer. I have a XPS 15 9500, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Under Display Adapters- IntelR UHD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce...
  6. can't change brightness settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change brightness settings: Hi Cannot change my brightness settings. I have already updated the driver from my laptop and tried from the manufacturer's website but both didn't work. I have surface laptop 3. This happens like every month and I'm so tired of it because I have sensitive eyes and it's...
  7. Can't access brightness settings or connect to an external monitor

Can't access brightness settings or connect to an external monitor: Hoping someone can help here, I can't access my brightness settings or connect to an external monitor. This happened after my computer forcibly restarted itself after displaying an error code that looked something like igkhm64, I googled the code when I could still remember...
  8. Can't Find Brightness Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Find Brightness Setting: I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on display adapters, left click the name of the display , then update it. I also disabled it, then enabled it. I did the same to a...
  9. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I updated all the divers in your previous rule but it didn't work. What do I do now ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/6e99ee0e-0267-4349-9add-c517ddf1d4e9
  10. Brightness setting for monitor

Brightness setting for monitor: Can a monitor's brightness be adjusted using the Control Panel, without pressing buttons on it? My main monitor's buttons for adjusting brightness do not work with Windows....