Windows 10: I can't set monitor's brightness

Discus and support I can't set monitor's brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohanWibowo, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I can't set monitor's brightness

My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date.

Recently I had similar troubles. My keyboard didn't work 2 weeks ago but it was solved by updating the driver. Just yesterday my keyboard didn't work again even though its driver was already updated. This was solved by pressing Fn + Ctrl +Alt + Up arrow (I have no idea why this worked).

So why can't I change my monitor's brightness?

:)

JohanWibowo, Dec 22, 2018

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 22, 2018
  4. HectorGzz Win User

I can't set monitor's brightness

Problems with monitor brightness control

Original Title: monitor brightness

Having problems with monitor brightness control, it doesn´t respond and can´t get it brighter, keeps getting down like crazy?

HectorGzz, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

I can't set monitor's brightness

1. I can't set monitor's brightness - Similar Threads - can't set monitor's

2. Can't Find Brightness Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Find Brightness Setting: I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on display adapters, left click the name of the display , then update it. I also disabled it, then enabled it. I did the same to a...
  3. In windows Settings I found nothing to change the brightness of the monitor.

In windows Settings I found nothing to change the brightness of the monitor.: Dear Microsoft Windows Support, In my Windows 10 Pro version 1909 which I installed yesterday on my laptop; I am not able to change the brightness of the monitor. In windows Settings I found nothing to handle this problem. Can you help me please? This is a print screen of...
  4. Can't find the brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find the brightness setting: I can't find the brightness setting, despite all the updates ...... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/5dc7d2d2-dcba-48a4-a87f-67cf856af544
  5. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I updated all the divers in your previous rule but it didn't work. What do I do now ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/6e99ee0e-0267-4349-9add-c517ddf1d4e9
  6. Brightness setting for monitor

Brightness setting for monitor: Can a monitor's brightness be adjusted using the Control Panel, without pressing buttons on it? My main monitor's buttons for adjusting brightness do not work with Windows....
  7. Can't setting the Brightness in Windows 10

Can't setting the Brightness in Windows 10: I can't setting the brightness on my Windows 10 My device is Lenovo L400, i've tried to update all driver but still doesn't work. Then i wanna tried to check the register, gonna check 'FEATURE TEST CONTROL'...
  8. I can't adjust on/off the brightness in the Display settings

I can't adjust on/off the brightness in the Display settings: It's been inactivate - or in gray color tab. the brightness shortcut in the keyboard Its not functioning. I don't know why. Thanks in advance....
  9. monitor brightness

monitor brightness: How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/monitor-brightness/2c64d719-1ce0-4442-b380-feae6696280e
  10. Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..

Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..: Hey guys, just updated to windows ten with my Sony Vaio 14 touchscreen laptop. 2 things ive noticed so far that have been bugging me is 1. I cannot adjust my brightness with the f5 & f6 keys like i could before... nor do i know how to changed the brightness now at all. Also...