Windows 10: I cant set up a mic for speech recognition

Discus and support I cant set up a mic for speech recognition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought a game named phasmophobia and it support speech recognition but when i tried to set it up the button was just grey like in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EwertOl, Dec 26, 2020.

1. EwertOl Win User

I cant set up a mic for speech recognition

I recently bought a game named phasmophobia and it support speech recognition but when i tried to set it up the button was just grey like in the picture down here: I cant set up a mic for speech recognition 6f5091ce-728d-4bd4-9593-4d89db595796?upload=true.png

i have the last update on windows 10 and im owning a 2 years old lenvo legion t530-28icb how do i fix this

:)

EwertOl, Dec 26, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

How to use Speech Recognition in Windows

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Vista Speech Recognition Flaw

This is hilarious! Can't imagine that Vista programmers were so short sighted. Easily solved with a patch. No speech recognition (command recognition) if SOUND OUT (no mic when playing). Easy to implement.

lemonadesoda, Dec 26, 2020
  4. BdawgQZ Win User

Can't set up mic for speech recognition

Settings - don't think so beyond everyday settings

Acer Aspire V3-372t signature edition

Speech Rec - That is what I was trying to do, Speech Recognition Wizard wanted to set up the mic

Windows 10 home

Thanks

BdawgQZ, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I cant set up a mic for speech recognition - Similar Threads - cant set mic

2. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  3. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  4. Speech recognition settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech recognition settings grayed out: i've download English USA and United Kingdom speech pack but i still have speech recognition settings grayed out [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-settings-grayed-out/74edda19-1fae-458c-bfbe-5da40348f86e
  5. HOW TO SET UP SPEECH RECOGNITION?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SET UP SPEECH RECOGNITION?: I AM HAVING TROUBLE SETTING UP SPEECH RECOGNITION. I AM USING THE JACK IN THE FRONT OF THE HARDRIVE AND I CAN HEAR THROUGH MY HEADPHONES, BUT IT IS NOT PICKING UP WHEN I TRY TO RECORD MY VOICE....
  6. Speech Recognition and privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech Recognition and privacy settings: I was trying to install an app for dictation and the following message displayed: "The speech recognition - privacy settings has not been accepted", with the link to "open privacy settings". When I clicked it, it shows that the online speech recognition is turned off. I...
  7. setting up microphone for speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    setting up microphone for speech recognition: i want to configure my mike for speech recognition but the box is grey and unresponsive any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-microphone-for-speech-recognition/54f5029d-a446-4795-8560-6e8ca1dc3f5d
  8. Speech Recognition ruined my mic

Speech Recognition ruined my mic: I was trying to fix some feedback issues I was having and mistakenly clicked the devils spawn that is speech recognition. My pc then went through speech recognition set up, and my mic has never been herd since. how do I reverse the damage done, my mic worked great before and...
  9. SPEECH RECOGNITION

SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  10. Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Set Up Speech Recognition in Windows 10 Windows Speech Recognition lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and...