Windows 10: I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat

Discus and support I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay so I just had my laptop reformatted and upgraded to 64 bit, so my concern is about placing a password again. Every time i set up a password, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FranzGiussepe, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat

Okay so I just had my laptop reformatted and upgraded to 64 bit, so my concern is about placing a password again. Every time i set up a password, it asks me about my current password which I have none. if I leave the box blank, it says this field is required.. can anyone help me? I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat 681e4652-cff2-468b-8fb7-17494f9ef218?upload=true.jpg I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat 3c83d945-0c32-45af-ac99-f092c0ec6912?upload=true.jpg

:)

FranzGiussepe, Feb 15, 2020
  2. jaypels Win User

Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Is there a way to know what my license number is? Laptop is not with me at the moment so I could not check it. I believe it still has the sticker where the license is printed at. Does it retain the old license or a new one is made when I upgraded to Win10?

Second question, what would be the best step in reformatting the laptop? Is there an option in Win10 where it would reformat and come back immediately to Win10?

jaypels, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Feb 15, 2020
  4. I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat

Reformatting Laptop

I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if
    windows 10 is the default OS or it was installed by the store.

The main reason why i'm reformatting my laptop is because of USB mass storage driver is faulty and no update or installation is fixing it, i even contacted microsoft agents and ASUS agents (my laptop is ASUS x507ubr) and tried all the things they said from
    system recovery upto downloading manually of specific drivers. Finally i decided to take it into the local ASUS store so that they could take a look and they said the only way is reformatting a laptop. They suggested that if i know how to do it i should do
    it so i wont take extra charges. Hence my question above.

Regi Manuel, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat

1. I cant set up my laptop's password after reformat - Similar Threads - cant set laptop's

2. I cant find where to set up automatic assigned passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant find where to set up automatic assigned passwords: I can't set up for passwords to be assigned automatically each time something needs a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-find-where-to-set-up-automatic-assigned/c03d2599-563a-4d00-9c19-d6caca18354b
  3. Login says set-up new password but I cant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Login says set-up new password but I cant: I logged into my laptop and ended up having the black screen of death. I went into task manager and restared file explorer and ran explorer.exe but it didnt work. I restarted about 2 more times and did the same thing but it didnt work. I tried resetting windows and wiping...
  4. laptop performance after virus removal and laptop reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop performance after virus removal and laptop reformat: So my laptop got a trojan and after a few months of hiding it i got it fixed by a technician I know. After the virus removal i got my laptop and got straight to setting it up again, i noticed it's a little slow than it was when i first got it. Anything that i can do?...
  5. Issues with laptop startup after reformatting

Issues with laptop startup after reformatting: I was having issues that led me to making the call to reformat. I went though the standard procedure and reformatted. After the 4 or 5 hours it took to reformat, it was finally done and set my computer started to turn on. however, it is on a loop in the dell startup...
  6. I cant set up my built-in camera.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant set up my built-in camera.: I bought a Windows 10 PC that includes a built-in camera, the next day I wanted to use The Hello Face sign up option, I found out I couldn't and the button that I couldn't press says "Set up", and also I never set up the feature....
  7. Reformat my Laptop

Reformat my Laptop: If I reformat my laptop completely erasing all data, will I lose Windows 10? When I first bought my laptop it already had Windows 10. Will I lose it if I reformat my laptop? Thank you....
  8. Password set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password set up: How do i set up a password for my new laptop ? When i go into settings, it takes me to my Microsoft account and it makes me change the msoft password. I want a separate password...
  9. Laptop Slow After System Reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow After System Reformat: So i bought this gaming laptop about 6 months ago, and it has run perfectly until a couple days ago i let one of my siblings use it and they got it infected with a whole hoard of viruses. And so I ended up reformatting my computer to remove them because they were...
  10. Reformatting Laptop

Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...