Windows 10: I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

Discus and support I can't setup Windows Hello Pin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by slopy_damk, Oct 22, 2021.

1. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndT2ind-OX_UrHdRQA9mdSuZt9Tzd9YD/view?usp=sharingvideo link btw

:)

slopy_damk, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 22, 2021
  4. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

1. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin - Similar Threads - can't setup Hello

2. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  3. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  4. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in: Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-setup-pin-windows-hello-sign-in/8f2817cb-6315-43af-af49-369169282bd9
  6. Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in: Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-setup-pin-windows-hello-sign-in/8f2817cb-6315-43af-af49-369169282bd9
  7. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

I can't setup Windows Hello Pin: It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndT2ind-OX_UrHdRQA9mdSuZt9Tzd9YD/view?usp=sharingvideo link btw...
  8. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup Windows Hello Pin: It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndT2ind-OX_UrHdRQA9mdSuZt9Tzd9YD/view?usp=sharingvideo link btw...
  9. Hello PIN setup

Hello PIN setup: Having seg up a new Microsoft account on a new laptop, the laptop becomes stuck on the Hello PIN setup page - it doesn't allow me to setup a PIN and says there's a problem and also doesn't allow me to skip this process. I am unable to get past this and use the laptop at all....
  10. Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account: I setup a family account for my 7 year old. He already had a local account on my windows 10 laptop but I am trying to activate the family account to have parental control. I have given access to his family account and I can login using his password but whenever I try to...