Windows 10: i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10

Discus and support i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i can't share on windows 10 a VPN connection over WI-FI with my other devices. I used cmd it sayshosted network supported : No . i am also using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sarahouadah, Apr 8, 2020.

1. i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10

i can't share on windows 10 a VPN connection over WI-FI with my other devices. I used cmd it sayshosted network supported : No .

i am also using Windscribe vpn.

so how can i fix this problem ?

***moved on english forum***

:)

sarahouadah, Apr 8, 2020
  2. JVaso Win User

L2PT/IPSec VPN connection fails when using Wi-Fi

Connecting to an L2PT/IPSec VPN connection fails when using a Windows 10 computer connected to the network by Wi-Fi. The error obtained is the following:

i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 3425cf65-aa46-47b8-853b-27acbd9f3b9d?upload=true.png

I am sure the VPN settings are correct because I can connect to the VPN with the same computer, when the computer is connected to the network by Ethernet. Moreover, I am positive there is not a firewall in the way either, because I tested with another computer
    using Ubuntu Linux, and I was able to connect to the VPN over Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Here is a list of the tests I ran:

• Connection to VPN is sucessfull on Windows 10 when using Ethernet and Windows Firewall on.
    • Connection to VPN fails on Windows 10 when using Wi-Fi and Windows Firewall on or off.
    • Connection to VPN fails on Windows 10 when using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet network connections.
    • Connection to VPN is sucessfull on Ubuntu Linux when using Ethernet or Wi-Fi and UFW firewall on or off.

All test were run with the computers connected to a TP-Link SR20 router as the DHCP server and gateway. The router has the L2PT and IPSec pasthrough settings enabled. The antivirus used in the Windows 10 computer is Avira (free edition).

What is preventing the VPN connection when using a Wi-Fi network connection on Windows 10?

Thanks

JVaso, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10: How to Show VPN on Wi-Fi list (like Win 8 & 8.1)

In Windows 8.0 and 8.1, VPN connections showed up when you clicked the Wi-Fi connection icon

i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 d6586ce3-f3c6-4030-b628-2c4f6b7d0032.jpg
    on the task bar and offered connect/disconnect directly from that context menu (A total of 3 clicks.)

In Windows 10, multiple steps are required to first access your existing VPN connections (5 clicks):

• click the
      i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 350d2a4c-861f-462d-a65b-6b841db8a512.jpg
      icon
    • click Network Settings
    • click VPN
    • click your connection
    • click Connect.
    This seems to add it to the menu but has to be repeated for each connection. Now, once it's there, connecting/disconnecting is still a multi-step process vs. the 2 steps it took in previous versions:

• click the Wi-Fi icon
    • click the VPN connection (Network Center launches)
    • click the VPN connection again, this time in the Network Center
    • click Connect or Disconnect
    Is it possible to configure Windows 10 in such a way as to minimize these steps?

Tammy Taz Diaz, Apr 8, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10

1. i can't share a VPN connection over Wi-Fi on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't share VPN

2. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously: Hello.I messed up my network settings and now I can't connect vpn and wi-fi simultaneously in my PC windows 10. When I try to connect the vpn I get an error message saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You need to change the network settings...
  3. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously: Hello.I messed up my network settings and now I can't connect vpn and wi-fi simultaneously in my PC windows 10. When I try to connect the vpn I get an error message saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You need to change the network settings...
  4. Can't connect to vpn and wi-fi simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to Wi-Fi: I was unable to connect to Wi-Fi and the PC was not showing me any networks, indicating that there was a problem. I ran the troubleshooter and the problem was: The Intel R Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. I followed a few steps...
  6. I can't connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to Wi-Fi: I was unable to connect to Wi-Fi and the PC was not showing me any networks, indicating that there was a problem. I ran the troubleshooter and the problem was: The Intel R Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. I followed a few steps...
  7. I can't connect to Wi-Fi

8. I can't connect to Wi-Fi!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to Wi-Fi!!!: So I wanted to connect to Wi-Fi, but Wi-Fi isn't there, it only shows 'Airplane Mode' nothing else, I tried some solutions, but none of them worked, can anyone help me figure this out? Thank you in advance. submitted by /u/DefaultDestino [link] [comments]...
  9. Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.

Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.: NOTE: I do not have physical access to the modem/router that broadcasts the WI-FI I am using. The laptop I am using is connected to the internet over wi-fi. I have a PC that does not have wi-fi capability. I have a switch so I can connect my laptop to the PC over ethernet....
  10. Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10

Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10: I've had Windows 10 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop for a about a year, and suddenly I was dropped from my wireless Wi Fi connections. I've tried fixes in command prompt, resetting, uninstalling / installing network adapter, resetting router, resetting the network to name a few,...