Windows 10: I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network

Discus and support I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers in my house on a local network, both of them are running fresh installs of Windows 10 version 1903. Both of them have password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickyTimothy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network

I have two computers in my house on a local network, both of them are running fresh installs of Windows 10 version 1903. Both of them have password protected sharing turned OFF, both of them have network discovery turned ON, both of them have file and printer sharing turned ON, both of them are logged into Windows with the same Microsoft account, both of them are admin, both of the drives I'm trying to share have sharing turned on to all users in drive properties sharing section.

On one of the computers I can go into my other drive with no problems and take files off of it, on the other if I try this it asks for a password, my microsoft credentials do not work when I type them in, and nothing happens whatsoever.

What could possibly be going wrong?

:)

RickyTimothy, Jan 2, 2020
  2. UKMedia Win User

W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

I still think this must be a setting and so re-installing Win10 won't fix. Before you reinstall, I suggest that you create a new Workgroup and see if that works. (Choose Work in the Wizard, not home)

Good luck... I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network :)

Regards

UKMedia, Jan 2, 2020
  3. setup file sharing

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum

1. Which build version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. May I know how you are trying to share the file, is it through network sharing?

I appreciate your interest in file sharing. You can refer the suggestion below and check if it helps you.

You can share files using File Explorer in Windows 10. I would suggest you to refer the article to
    Share files in File Explorerwhich has the information
    on different options that you could use to share files. For more information on network sharing, you can also refer the article on
    How to get network sharing work with Windows 10by
    Pauli Ofor more information that could prove itself useful to you.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network

1. I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network - Similar Threads - can't share files

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network: I have two computers on my LAN. Desktop is Homeuser-pc. Laptop is User-pc. I can access shared Homeuser-pc files from User-pc. I can’t access User-pc files from Homeuser-pc. I have pinged both computers from the other and parcels have been received. I have shared all of my...
  7. Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.: Hello, I need a solution to share files between two Windows 10 machines. Requirements Ease of use, easy to drag-drop/save files into shared folder Good security and must keep both devices separate No wired connection If anybody has any suggestions, links/resources or...
  8. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  9. Windows 10 File Sharing on local network

Windows 10 File Sharing on local network: On my home network there are two PCs - call them A and B. Each PC has two user accounts - call them 1 and 2. The same user -name and login password is used on both PCs. Both PCs are running "Windows 10 Home" - no other version information is given in Control Panel/System....
  10. Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets

in Windows 10 Support
    Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets: First post *Smile I have two completely identical tablets (Hipstreet W7 originally on 8.1) in front of me, one (mine) on which Windows 10 was installed via the upgrade route and which is working fine (all drivers etc), the other was a hacked together W10 install that gives...