Windows 10: I can't sign in my administrator account

Discus and support I can't sign in my administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i sign in my administrator account i add a second account and try to sign in but it said user sevice failed and now i cant go to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JahkyaBooth, Jul 8, 2020.

1. I can't sign in my administrator account

How do i sign in my administrator account i add a second account and try to sign in but it said user sevice failed and now i cant go to my administrator i really need help

:)

JahkyaBooth, Jul 8, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 8, 2020
  3. administrator can't sign in

Hi Jeff,

The usual reason why a user can't log into a computer is because of entering an incorrect username or password. To help us identify the cause why the administrator account on your PC can't sign in, we would need to know the following information:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • Is the administrator account a local account or is he using a Microsoft account as his login credentials?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you're trying to sign into the PC using the admin account?

If the administrator is using a Microsoft account, we suggest changing the account's password.
    Once done, make sure that the device where he is trying to sign into is connected to the Internet so that the changes that he'll create to the account will be synchronized.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2020
  4. I can't sign in my administrator account

administrator can't sign in

I appreciate your response. There is a possibility that your user account is not an administrator and that is the reason why the device is having an issue with receiving a remote control assistance. Since you are also having an issue with accessing the administrator
    account of your wife, I suggest enabling the built-in administrator on your Windows 10. Using the built-in administrator account, you'll be able to make your user account as an administrator.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Once you sign into the PC using the built-in administrator, follow these steps to make your user profiles as an administrator:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Choose Accounts and then click on Other people.
    • Click on your user account and then click on Change account type button.
    • Change the account type to Administrator and then click OK.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and
    shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

I can't sign in my administrator account

1. I can't sign in my administrator account - Similar Threads - can't sign administrator

2. I can't sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to my account: The laptop is asking to sign in to my microsoft account but i forgot my password and i don't have my old phone number.I use 2 account my main one and and the school.But now i can't log in with neither....
  3. I cannot sign into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  4. I cannot sign into my administrator account

I cannot sign into my administrator account: I have an Acer aspire one with Windows 7 starter, I only have one administrator account. No other accounts on the laptop and there’s a password on my administrator account and the password is not working, I just reset the password and it keeps telling me the password is...
  5. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said...
  6. I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account

I can't log into my account after accidentally signing into the administrator account: I just bought the xbox game pass ultimate and I wanted to change the location of where the files are downloaded to. I tried to move around files it was instructions from an employee off of someone else's question and in the process of the fix, when I was moving files, it said...
  7. I can't sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my account: It happened when I rename C drive file in registry windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-account/71de416e-375c-4b90-b7fb-3cd44f4bdee1
  8. I can't sign in to my account

I can't sign in to my account: It happened when I rename C drive file in registry windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-account/71de416e-375c-4b90-b7fb-3cd44f4bdee1
  9. I Can't Sign Into My Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Can't Sign Into My Account: I accidentally signed out. When I sign in, it accepts my password. A window comes up saying it needs my password one more time. When I enter it, it says it's not the right password. I changed my password hoping to solve this problem, but the same window keeps popping up. I'm...
  10. I can't sign in with my administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't sign in with my administrator password: So whenever the administrator thing pops up where you have to put in the password and stuff it just says no and nothing else, if you could help me solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated. also this problem happens on all accounts. [IMG]...