Windows 10: I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account.

Discus and support I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m on a local account and I want to sign in with Microsoft instead but I can’t. submitted by /u/8Decpamposh [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8Decpamposh, Mar 15, 2021.

1. I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account.

I’m on a local account and I want to sign in with Microsoft instead but I can’t.

submitted by /u/8Decpamposh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8Decpamposh, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 15, 2021
  4. WallyX Win User

I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly as I did before and Microsoft says its not correct. Any help wold be appreciated.

WallyX, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account.

1. I can’t sign in to Microsoft instead on a local account. - Similar Threads - can’t sign Microsoft

2. "sign in with local account instead" option missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with local account instead" option missing: After a recent Windows update one of our employees signed into his Microsoft account thinking he could just grab some files from his account then sign back out. Now his personal account is permanently tied to the admin account on that workstation. MS removed the option in the...
  3. Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. When trying to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" of a Local Account, I get this error: Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. I did get an error code on the first few dozens...
  4. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing fixed: If you are trying to change to a local account from a microsoft account for any reason at all and dont see this option, wich from portuguese translated is "Sign in with a local account instead", you have to go to "Family and other users", get redirected to the website and...
  5. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead: I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly...
  6. Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.

Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.: After logging in with a Microsoft account you can no longer login with your local account and the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" is missing. Try logging in with .\username worked for me....
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. "sign in with a local account instead" missing

"sign in with a local account instead" missing: I have a major issue. I signed in to my Xbox account on my Windows 10 laptop in an attempt to allow my son to play games through it. This linked his Microsoft account to my Windows 10 system as the administrator. Because my son is 8 years old I now have to accept permissions...
  10. can't find Sign in with a local account instead

can't find Sign in with a local account instead: Hello Everyone, I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of...