Windows 10: I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode...

Discus and support I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Basically what I said in the subject. I've tried logging on with the password that has always been used and when that didn't work I even tried the Pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KyleIrvine, Aug 21, 2019.

1. I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode...

Basically what I said in the subject. I've tried logging on with the password that has always been used and when that didn't work I even tried the Pin and it says that the pin cannot be used for some reason. I've gone looking through all the other forums and tried everything that they've said but they all required me to log in but I can't do that. Is there anything else I can do because I don't want to have to pay to get it fixed. I've even tried resetting but obviously that also requires me to log in.

:)

KyleIrvine, Aug 21, 2019

2. The Username or password is incorrect

I tried to sign on to my computer this morning and got the message that my username and password is incorrect. I 've had the same password for years. I went to safe mode and then to safe mode with command prompt and then it said that Windows 7 will boot
    up to the login in screen, I don't know what else to do after that. It goes back to the login screen...

DONNASORENSEN, Aug 21, 2019
  3. JohJef485 Win User
    in safe mode my password is denied

I have same issue.

When restarting in Safe Mode I encounter the usual logon format but this time it asks for the password not the PIN which is used on normal starts.

Whilst in Safe Mode the password and PIN are shown as being "incorrect".

I have searched this site before and found the response from Engelsen Fad dated Feb 4 2017 which I have tried without success.

What else can I do?? I need to be in safe mode but I am prevented by Windows10.

To isolate the concern, we suggest that you reset the password of your Microsoft account through this link before re-attempting to sign in.

You may also follow the steps below to make sure that you are typing the correct password.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.
    2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    3. When you reach login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list. or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from
      the list.
    4. Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    5. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

JohJef485, Aug 21, 2019
  4. AamirM94 Win User

I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode...

(Solved) Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect

Hello, I am trying to log in to safe mode so that I can uninstall nvidia drivers but it says the password is incorrect even though it is definitely the right password. I tried the following:

- safe mode with networking

- reformatting PC then made a new password, same issue with safe mode

- using command prompt to enter “bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot”

I know I could reformat again but I don’t want to waste more time for an issue like this. Is there anything else I can try before I resort to performing a reformat yet again?

Thanks in advance

AamirM94, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode...

1. I Can't sign in to pc and says password incorrect when I know it is, I've tried safe mode... - Similar Threads - Can't sign says

2. Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect: [ATTACH]Many Windows users, whenever stuck by any software-related issue, tend to use the Safe Mode. This way, they work instantly or troubleshoot the issue. But there are many users who are complaining that Windows Safe Mode says Password is incorrect and in this article, we...
  3. Safe mode is saying incorrect password even after I changed it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode is saying incorrect password even after I changed it: I tried turning in my pc and it said my pin was unavailable so I decided to go into safe mode and uninstall my last update. When I got into the menu I typed in my Microsoft password and it said it was wrong. I went on my phone and changed my password so I could u it all the...
  4. When I try entering my password but type it incorrectly, it usually says "you can't sign...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I try entering my password but type it incorrectly, it usually says "you can't sign...: All I do is type it in incorrectly. If I try logging in again right after and type it in correctly, then I get into my account? This also has happened to me on multiple computers. I've found very little to nothing about this issue when searching for it online. Has anyone else...
  5. Safe mode password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode password incorrect: I have been having the worst experience ever because of no internet connection detected in aafe mode even with internet option enabled , i can't use my pc because windows won't accept my god damn password . At this point i wanna know whats the god damn problem with providing...
  6. Incorrect password in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect password in safe mode.: After updating my graphics driver my pc froze. I then force restarted it, the company logo appeared and then the blank screen. I restarted it couple of times again and i found safe mode. But whenever I type my password it shows incorrect. I'm not able to uninstall the driver...
  7. Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect

Can't log in to Safe Mode, Password incorrect: I can not boot in to safe mode on my PC. I have tried every password I could have used and reset the password on the microsoft account. On the Safe Mode log in screen it says I am not connected to the internet. The computer is connected by a LAN cable. How can I get...
  8. Safe mode says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode says incorrect password: I boosted minimal safe mode with msconfig, but now it doesnt accept my password. I tried every password, but none works. I even tried resetting my password on web and also safe mode with networking, but still didnt work. But, one password makes the computer say like "Welcome"...
  9. “Password incorrect” message when starting PC on Safe Mode?

“Password incorrect” message when starting PC on Safe Mode?: I rebooted my PC in Safe Mode after downloading Display Driver Uninstaller and although I’m sure I’m entering the right account password it continues to say the password is incorrect and I’m locked out of my PC. Please help. Thank you!...
  10. My password says its incorrect in safe Mode

My password says its incorrect in safe Mode: So I have a file on my computer that I cant delete for some odd reason and I looked up ta tutorial how to do it and it requires me to go into safe mode and put my password in but it says its incorrect and ive changed the password but im wondering how do I remove the password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 safe mode password is incorrect

2. i cant input my password on my startup screen even though i am inputting the correct password?