Windows 10: I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested"

Discus and support I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I try to sign in to my microsoft account on the xbox app it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. An illegal state change was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hazumaki2209, Aug 12, 2020.

1. I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested"

Every time I try to sign in to my microsoft account on the xbox app it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. An illegal state change was requested"

Then I tried signing in to the xbox app on my phone and it worked. I already followed the steps on the "Fix problems signing in to the Xbox app" support page, and none of them worked. I don't remember requesting a state change, I don't even know what that means.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me, I've been trying to fix this issue for weeks.

:)

hazumaki2209, Aug 12, 2020

2. Illegal state change request???

When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change!

ArthurFox1, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Illegal State was requested

I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was requested" when verifying my account in "your info".

Illegal state change request???

I'll also point out there are a number of people asking this. This issue is preventing me from changing the email on my computer to the more current one.

PatrickKnies1, Aug 12, 2020
  4. I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested"

An illegal state change was requested

I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click
    to "Update info", it prompts me to enter my password, then a small window appears just like an error message, saying "An illegal state change was requested".

What is this ? And how can I solve this issue ??

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you !

MihaiCservenecz, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested"

1. I can't sign in to the xbox app on PC - "An illegal state change was requested" - Similar Threads - can't sign xbox

2. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  3. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  4. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Couldn't sign you into xbox live "An illegal state change was requested."

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Couldn't sign you into xbox live "An illegal state change was requested.": I own Xbox game pass ultimate and I have been trying to download the java edition Minecraft off of the Xbox app Through the Pc pack. After following articles online I haven't found any success in finding a solution I have changed my password, changed time settings, and...
  6. Couldn't sign you into xbox live "An illegal state change was requested."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't sign you into xbox live "An illegal state change was requested.": I own Xbox game pass ultimate and I have been trying to download the java edition Minecraft off of the Xbox app Through the Pc pack. After following articles online I haven't found any success in finding a solution I have changed my password, changed time settings, and...
  7. Couldn't sign you into xbox live "An illegal state change was requested."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. An illegal state change was requested.

An illegal state change was requested.: I am encountering this error again and again when I am trying to sign in into my laptop. I didn't request for any kind of state change. I just changed my password as I was unable to download apps from Microsoft Store. My laptop has windows 10. And there were no changes that...
  9. An illegal state change was requested

An illegal state change was requested: I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click to "Update info",...
  10. Illegal state change request???

Illegal state change request???: When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b