Windows 10: I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

Discus and support I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It's my laptop we've been using for our 3D printer and laser engraver programs but now before he left in spite he put a pin and password on it linked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lily Begins, Aug 14, 2022.

1. I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

It's my laptop we've been using for our 3D printer and laser engraver programs but now before he left in spite he put a pin and password on it linked to his microsoft account. Is there a way to bypass and get back into my laptop and remove his information?

:)

Lily Begins, Aug 14, 2022

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Jenny105 Win User

I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

Sign in to desktop - cant sign in using password, Changed password, STILL CANT SIGN IN USING PASSWORD

• I attempted to sign into my Microsoft on my laptop with password. It failed.
    • I tried a 2nd time , there was a clue to the password but it didn't match to what I thought the present password is

I signed in using image . This was fine.

1. I changed my account password and the next day there was a confirmation of the change
    2. I tried to sign in with the password. It didn't work
    3. On second try the same old clue to password came up
    What is happening here ??? I cant change the password at point of password as i have no USB as requested

What password has been changed and why isn't it working to open on my laptop Microsoft account.

Jenny105, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

1. I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and... - Similar Threads - can't sign laptop

2. I can't put my 6 digit password in my laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't put my 6 digit password in my laptop with windows 11: when i put my password the laptop only let me put 4 digits instead of 6 in my password so i can't put the password correctly beacuse it's a 6 digit password, not a 4 digit so i can't unlock my laptop...
  3. I can't put my 6 digit password in my laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't put my 6 digit password in my laptop with windows 11: when i put my password the laptop only let me put 4 digits instead of 6 in my password so i can't put the password correctly beacuse it's a 6 digit password, not a 4 digit so i can't unlock my laptop...
  4. I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...: It's my laptop we've been using for our 3D printer and laser engraver programs but now before he left in spite he put a pin and password on it linked to his microsoft account. Is there a way to bypass and get back into my laptop and remove his information?...
  5. I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...

I can't sign into my laptop - my ex boyfriend put a password on it before we broke up and...: It's my laptop we've been using for our 3D printer and laser engraver programs but now before he left in spite he put a pin and password on it linked to his microsoft account. Is there a way to bypass and get back into my laptop and remove his information?...
  6. Logged into my MSN mail on my boyfriend's laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged into my MSN mail on my boyfriend's laptop.: All of my info on my phone and computer has overtaken his phone and computer. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/logged-into-my-msn-mail-on-my-boyfriends-laptop/d6e44977-89d1-4b55-b642-da42069f5271
  7. I updated my computer and now I can’t sign in without my ex-boyfriend’s Microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I updated my computer and now I can’t sign in without my ex-boyfriend’s Microsoft account?: I have always signed in to this computer using my password. I updated the computer overnight and suddenly its forcing me into a Microsoft account login. I’ve been using this computer for 5 years but we stopped talking a year ago. I have no way of accessing his account. What...
  8. I updated my computer and now I can’t sign in without my ex-boyfriend’s Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my computer and now I can’t sign in without my ex-boyfriend’s Microsoft account?: I have always signed in to this computer using my password. I updated the computer overnight and suddenly its forcing me into a Microsoft account login. I’ve been using this computer for 5 years but we stopped talking a year ago. I have no way of accessing his account. What...
  9. I updated my computer and now I can’t sign in without my ex-boyfriend’s Microsoft account?

10. my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke: my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke and now i cant unmute. not even with the sliders. how to i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keyboard-was-put-on-mute-and-broke/4057a271-6163-43ac-8c14-8eb3c0fb2c1c