Windows 10: I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

Discus and support I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Two computers are behaving this way.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joe Toughill, Mar 24, 2023.

1. I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

Two computers are behaving this way.

:)

Joe Toughill, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 24, 2023
  4. K4CY Win User

I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run

Yesterday, in the middle of an offline scan, I cancelled it to do something else. Now it won't run. From the Security Center select Advanced Scans, Windows Defender offline. Click Start Scan. Normal activity, Windows shuts down, black screen. Small Windows Defender Offline progress type screen appears for a couple of seconds, then Windows reboots.

Ideas? TIA. Bob.

Thema:

I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

1. I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the... - Similar Threads - can't start offline

2. I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...: Two computers are behaving this way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-start-an-offline-defender-scan-after-i-type/45f28194-d8d5-44e4-94ee-f5f9bd0ff736
  3. I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't start an offline Defender scan after I type in the admin password, or run from the...: Two computers are behaving this way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-start-an-offline-defender-scan-after-i-type/45f28194-d8d5-44e4-94ee-f5f9bd0ff736
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  5. I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.

I can't find the Defender Offline scan results.: Hello. I started an offline scan using the Windows Defender in offline mode. The scan was successful, but I dint gat notification, and Windows didnt open a .txt file where the results are. I checked the following path:Windows Defender -> Virus & threat protection ->...
  6. Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???: I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple times but no response from it, even after 10 min it doesn't starts .So I restarted my pc after it run that again still run two...
  7. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting

Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting: Everything is up to date and even did a fixdsk. It acts like it's starting but never actually starts that I can tell. Usually it starts and does a scan on reboot.I need to check my other computers to see if this is a widespread issue....
  8. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  9. I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find the Windows Defender Offline Scan: My antivirus notified me about the presence of a rootkit in my PC. I deleted it immediately but the file kept reappearing. The antivirus seemed ineffective in removing this malware so I looked it up on Google and I found that this issue can be resolved with the help of...
  10. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting

Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting: Offline scans suddenly stopped working. I can initiate an offline scan in the usual way (Virus & Threat Detection > Options > Windows Defender Offline Scan), and I get the usual popup that tells me the computer is going to restart, and it does restart, but instead of seeing...