Windows 10: I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

Discus and support I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ajburr, Sep 30, 2023.

1. ajburr Win User

I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or uninstall in addition to OneDrive? I honestly don't know what other question to ask because I can't figure out why the OneDrive folder even still exists.

:)

ajburr, Sep 30, 2023

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 30, 2023
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 30, 2023
  4. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Sep 30, 2023
Thema:

I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

1. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder - Similar Threads - can't stop files

2. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder: I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or...
  3. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  4. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  5. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  6. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  7. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

8. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  9. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  10. How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive: How do I disable folders from being uploaded to OneDrive? I like using OneDrive, but I have one folder under "My Documents" that is several Gigabytes and I don't want it getting synced up to Onedrive. All the settings I can find are about folders being pulled down, but I...