Windows 10: I can't stop services..

Discus and support I can't stop services.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Greetings from Spain. My question is simple. I want to stop a couple of services in W10 v1909 so that they don't start when I turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jorges, Jan 24, 2020.

1. jorges Win User

I can't stop services..

Hi everyone. Greetings from Spain. My question is simple. I want to stop a couple of services in W10 v1909 so that they don't start when I turn on the PC, I stop the service, but when I turn on the PC again, these services are running again. This did not happen with W7. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to solve this? Thanks for any info.

:)

jorges, Jan 24, 2020

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jan 24, 2020
  4. I can't stop services..

Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

I can't stop services..

1. I can't stop services.. - Similar Threads - can't stop services

2. I can't stop this windows service.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't stop this windows service.: I can't stop this service because when i click stop, It will restart again.And i cant stop this service by cmd because it always change PID every sec. PS. i already try this "taskkill /fi "Services eq NbfcService" /F "...
  3. I can't stop this windows service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop this windows service.: I can't stop this service because when i click stop, It will restart again.And i cant stop this service by cmd because it always change PID every sec. PS. i already try this "taskkill /fi "Services eq NbfcService" /F "...
  4. Can't stop Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't stop Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10.: Hey guys, So, I'm trying to stop my Antimalware Service Executable on my windows 10 because it's severely impacting my computer's performance, so I am running the Task Scheduler as administrator and trying to uncheck the 'Run with highest privileges' box on the Windows...
  5. Can't Stop Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Stop Windows Update Service: Recently I was trying to update Windows to 2004 using the update menu in settings. It got stuck at 90% and wouldn't move. Eventually I restarted the computer. The update manager then was stuck with an Error Code 0x80080005. I attempted to fix this using the solution detailed...
  6. Stop Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Service: I have uninstalled McAfee, but Its service is still running on my computer. Services's McAfee cannot stop, it shows "Access is denided"[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-service/7125bf3a-297c-4044-9286-3406faa39ac1
  7. Windows Update hung can't stop service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update hung can't stop service: I was doing a check on a client's system and one of the user's Windows 10 PCs when checking the Windows Update status is just stuck at "Checking for Updates". When I click on Update History nothing happens. I tried the Windows Update troubleshooter but it hangs as well....
  8. Stopped Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopped Service: Good day, I just need to know what the following service is: Description: mdmmcdalaska File Path: "C:\windows\SysWOW64\mdmmcdalaska.exe" Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopped-service/b4c47d0a-c47f-41a3-aaca-d559be674419
  9. Stopping services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping services: Hello, Dear Sir/Madam i have Windows 10 pro and want to give me a list of the services within the Windows 10 that can be switched off in order to have a better performance to your computer. I don't use all services and eat resources in vain in Windows 10 pro expect answer!...
  10. Server service stops. Can't connect to shared folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server service stops. Can't connect to shared folders: Hi there... I have 2 machines connected via a switch. They both have shared folders. They both run a piece of software. One machine acts as a master the other connects to it for data. The issue is that the "Server" service is randomly stopping on the master and none of...