Windows 10: I can't stop the Windows Updates

Discus and support I can't stop the Windows Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. Hope you all have a great day. I am new to this community and apparently I need a help from you guys. Please help me dealing with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by La Acun, Dec 13, 2019.

1. La Acun Win User

I can't stop the Windows Updates

Hi, everyone. Hope you all have a great day. I am new to this community and apparently I need a help from you guys. Please help me dealing with Windows 10 Updates. Is there any way I can schedule the Windows 10 Updates to certain date in a month? For example, I will only get its updates on every last date of the month so I don't really have to install the updates several times in a month.

As far as I know, no matter how the setup I have applied, I think I still get updates randomly. A day before, I have been installed the last updates that I've got and today, there is one to go.

I can't stop the Windows Updates 4d3a536b-2aab-4ccb-94c2-ac2fd7fb26f8?upload=true.jpg

I have set off the automatic updates as well since the beginning when I was buying my notebook and nothing happen.

So, please kindly tell me what did I do wrong and what I have to do to deal with this. If I can't get updates for certain date I define, activate the manual update will really be accepted as well as long as I don't need to deal with automatic updates any longer. Pardon me if what I am asking for in here is too much. I just don't get those.

Thank you.

:)

La Acun, Dec 13, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 13, 2019
  3. StefanM Win User
    How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

There is a workaround i'm using successfuly since 2 months described at Guru3D
    I suggest to create a system restore point before using it.

In your case you have to replace the title with "AMD*" of course.

StefanM, Dec 13, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I can't stop the Windows Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't stop the Windows Updates - Similar Threads - can't stop Updates

2. Can't stop Windows 10 getting update to 11 .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stop Windows 10 getting update to 11 .: My windows 10 pro version suddenly started to download Windows 11. So I made every possible ways to stop it. First I turned off the internet so it won't download further. Next I try to block the windows 11 update by changing valuesTargetReleaseVersion &...
  3. I can't stop this windows service.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't stop this windows service.: I can't stop this service because when i click stop, It will restart again.And i cant stop this service by cmd because it always change PID every sec. PS. i already try this "taskkill /fi "Services eq NbfcService" /F "...
  4. I can't stop this windows service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop this windows service.: I can't stop this service because when i click stop, It will restart again.And i cant stop this service by cmd because it always change PID every sec. PS. i already try this "taskkill /fi "Services eq NbfcService" /F "...
  5. Want to stop automatic Windows updates + Why can't I update to 20H2 windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to stop automatic Windows updates + Why can't I update to 20H2 windows: I've tried to update to Windows 20H2 but every attempt has been unsuccesful, so at this moment I just want to stop it from attempting an update every night and morning It has already managed to disrupt one of my classes. I spoke to someone on microsoft support, they wold me...
  6. Why can't I stop automatic updates?

Why can't I stop automatic updates?: I've tried to disable the updates several times, I've followed all the instructions on each of the previous posts on this subject. Nothing works and I really think Microsoft is just giving a bunch of excuses and not giving anyone the real truth. I hate that every time an...
  7. Can't Stop Windows Update Service

Can't Stop Windows Update Service: Recently I was trying to update Windows to 2004 using the update menu in settings. It got stuck at 90% and wouldn't move. Eventually I restarted the computer. The update manager then was stuck with an Error Code 0x80080005. I attempted to fix this using the solution detailed...
  8. I can't stop services..

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't stop services..: Hi everyone. Greetings from Spain. My question is simple. I want to stop a couple of services in W10 v1909 so that they don't start when I turn on the PC, I stop the service, but when I turn on the PC again, these services are running again. This did not happen with W7. What...
  9. Windows Update hung can't stop service

Windows Update hung can't stop service: I was doing a check on a client's system and one of the user's Windows 10 PCs when checking the Windows Update status is just stuck at "Checking for Updates". When I click on Update History nothing happens. I tried the Windows Update troubleshooter but it hangs as well....
  10. I CAN'T STOP WINDOWS 10 UPDATES- I TRIED EVERY WAY

I CAN'T STOP WINDOWS 10 UPDATES- I TRIED EVERY WAY: Why this Nadela dude thinks everyone would like this forceful way of getting windows 10 updates without a consent? I tried to stop the updates in any possible way : First i tried by disabling the windows update service then i tried with policies and then with registry and...