Windows 10: I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!

Discus and support I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lFAANl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1l17z/i_cant_stretch_my_resolution_i_dont_want_those/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lFAANl, Nov 26, 2020.

1. /u/lFAANl Win User

I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!

/u/lFAANl, Nov 26, 2020

2. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 26, 2020
  4. I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!

Monitor stretched on all resolutions

~~~This did not work, as it was the first thing I checked.

I did find a temporary solution.

• I opened AMD Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Hotfix, software for my GPU (R7 360),
    • Used Virtual Resolution to Scale and Stretch Monitor
    • Can use my Native Resolution, but all other resolutions are still stretched
    • Deleted Crimson
    • Works standard

RyansPrivates74, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!

1. I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP! - Similar Threads - cant stretch resolution

2. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  3. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  4. How do I enable stretched resolution 4;3 on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable stretched resolution 4;3 on my laptop?: I have an MSI GF65 Thin 10UE with a 3060 Laptop GPU and an i7-10750h.This might be a straightforward question but the display settings on Nvidia Control Panel lack the Display options I have updated drivers and on the Intel Graphics command center I only have 2 display...
  5. How do I enable stretched resolution 4;3 on my laptop?

How do I enable stretched resolution 4;3 on my laptop?: I have an MSI GF65 Thin 10UE with a 3060 Laptop GPU and an i7-10750h.This might be a straightforward question but the display settings on Nvidia Control Panel lack the Display options I have updated drivers and on the Intel Graphics command center I only have 2 display...
  6. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  7. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...

How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  8. Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.: I play games like Counter-Strike where I prefer to play on a stretched resolution 1280x960 as opposed to the standard 1920x1080, but my gaming laptop is typically hooked up to a monitor. However, when it's not hooked up, most of the Nvidia graphic settings are gone for...
  9. i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite: i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-update-windows-10-to-vesion-1803-and-now-i-cant/ade8d237-3e4e-449e-9bef-e7d235a8d1ba"
  10. i WANT MY COLORS BLACK AND WHITE NOT ALL THOSE NASTY COLORS

in Windows 10 Customization
    i WANT MY COLORS BLACK AND WHITE NOT ALL THOSE NASTY COLORS: I WANT MY COLORS TO BE BLACK AND WHITE NOT THOSE NASTY COLORS YOU ACN'T READ THINGS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-want-my-colors-black-and-white-not-all-those/f1bb521c-ec60-4cd9-9441-f1bc44752da8