Windows 10: I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

Discus and support I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my earphones takes place of laptop speaker even in devices also it shows earphones as speakers nameand dont give option to change between earphone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmanKLWx10, Jul 13, 2021.

1. I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

my earphones takes place of laptop speaker even in devices also it shows earphones as speakers nameand dont give option to change between earphone and laptop speakereven if I am using bluetooth earphones then I can swich b/w them and laptop speaker but as I plugin normal earphones to 3.5mm jack then it I can swich b/w bluetooth earphones and normal earphones and normal earphones takes the name/place of laptop speakers as now they will be named as speakers as you can see in imagePlease help

:)

AmanKLWx10, Jul 13, 2021

2. audio not received by earphones

thank you, here are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    No

• Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    No, i just bought it yesterday.

• Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    no, but it works in my smartphone

• How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    wired.

• When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?
    yes, nothing goes through the earphones though.

I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via... :(

TanjimaRahman, Jul 13, 2021
  3. audio not received by earphones

Hi,

This issue could be due to device drivers that needs to be updated. To provide you with appropriate troubleshooting, please provide the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    • Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    • Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    • How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    • When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jul 13, 2021
  4. applepie Win User

I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via...

1. I cant swich between earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are connected via... - Similar Threads - cant swich between

2. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged: Audio in my laptop is coming from speaker as well as earphone at the same time when earphone is plugged. Please tell me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-coming-simultaneously-from-earphone-and/065670d8-f50e-4e25-8857-68e5d50161e7
  3. Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio coming simultaneously from earphone and speakers when earphone is plugged: Audio in my laptop is coming from speaker as well as earphone at the same time when earphone is plugged. Please tell me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-coming-simultaneously-from-earphone-and/065670d8-f50e-4e25-8857-68e5d50161e7
  4. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  5. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  6. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.: Hello;Previously I created a question,please see this thread to understand the question :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-sound-devices-anymore/fc564b54-be16-457f-a1cb-3edd332f754c . The problem is not solved yet and my thread is...
  7. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.: Hello;Previously I created a question,please see this thread to understand the question :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-sound-devices-anymore/fc564b54-be16-457f-a1cb-3edd332f754c . The problem is not solved yet and my thread is...
  8. Can't switch between earphones and laptop speaker.

9. I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...

I am not able to switch between my earphones and laptop speakers when earphones are plugged...: if unplug earphones from headphone jack then I can listen through laptop speakers otherwise voice come through earphones onlywhere if I use Bluetooth earphonesand normal earphones unplugged from headphone jack then I can swich between bluetooth earphones and laptop...
  10. Connecting my Earphones via Bluetooth

Connecting my Earphones via Bluetooth: I am unable to connect my earphones to my Matebook x pro, I was wondering if it was cause I had already connected them to my own phone, as it wont even appear to the list of devices available for Bluetooth....