Windows 10: I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

Discus and support I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; UEFI is selected in my bios but when I boot my computer it says I am still in UEFI, even after I rebooted my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Albert van Jaarsveld, Nov 6, 2022.

1. I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

UEFI is selected in my bios but when I boot my computer it says I am still in UEFI, even after I rebooted my computer.

:)

Albert van Jaarsveld, Nov 6, 2022
  2. kelsey Win User

How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

I wish I'd read something like your linked article before I began. Instead of switching of fast boot and secure boot I changed the BIOS to legacy. But maybe I wasn't clear in my question. My problem now lies in step 2. HOW do I change my BIOS settings to UEFI?? I can't find any BIOS UI of any sorts anywhere. And any F keys I press at startup or Del or Esc or even the Vaio Assist while the computer boots triggers Advanced Recovery which of course has no firmware settings options in Legacy. If you don't mind, what do

kelsey, Nov 6, 2022
  3. Ramuettan Win User
    Return to Legacy from UEFI - BIOS

Hi There

A while ago I was helped here to change from Legacy to UEFI. However, since then it seems, the Laptop (Latutide E6420) is running a bit slowly which was otherwise very quick until then. Now, it takes nearly a minute or so to boot up or shut down or even
    to close a file. Just a couple of days ago, I updated the latest BIOS for this machine recommended by Dell.

I tried to go back to Legacy but the system was asking me to reset to UEFI or face boot problems. One advise said that I could disable 'Secure Boot' in Boot Manager and reset to Legacy. However, the Boot Manager is listed under UEFI Boot process and it only
    starts Windows. Is there any way as easy as I changed it? This is absolutely under the hope that all will be as normal as it was in the beginning. Please give your thoughts and advice. Thanks.

Ramuettan, Nov 6, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

Ok, just so I'm clear, you say you can get to Advanced.

I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy. [​IMG]

This tutorial: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

Option #1, step 5. It reads "UEFI", but it means the BIOS settings in reality. Can to do this, or not even get to it? Sorry if I'm making you repeat, just trying to get a grip on exactly how far you can get and where you are hitting the roadblock.

f14tomcat, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

1. I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy. - Similar Threads - can't switch UEFI

2. I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.: UEFI is selected in my bios but when I boot my computer it says I am still in UEFI, even after I rebooted my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-from-uefi-bios-boot-to-legacy/b4d4c3f9-436a-4881-836d-58f2165dffc4
  3. I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't switch from UEFI BIOS boot to Legacy.: UEFI is selected in my bios but when I boot my computer it says I am still in UEFI, even after I rebooted my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-from-uefi-bios-boot-to-legacy/b4d4c3f9-436a-4881-836d-58f2165dffc4
  4. Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot switch to UEFI from Legacy boot: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G and was using the new PC Health Check application by Microsoft which has the new option to check if my computer is compatible for Windows 11. It's not, and it mentions the problem is that Secure Boot is not enabled.When I try to switch in BIOS...
  5. switch Legacy to UEFI

switch Legacy to UEFI: have Dell Inspiron 660, A12 BIOS 3/20/2018 currently have Legacy with Secure Boot disabled If I change to UEFI with Secure Boot enabled will W10 20H2 start up correctly? thanks (saw the W11 stream today) 181580
  6. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  7. Switching from Legacy to UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Legacy to UEFI: I have been thinking of converting from Legacy to UEFI (Ryzen 2600 - AsRock B450 Pro4) My questions are: Is it as easy and as safe as it looks in those youtube videos? Like literally just typing mbr2gpt.exe /convert /allowfullOS in cmd prompt with admin privileges, then...
  8. Legacy and UEFI switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Legacy and UEFI switching: So, I have created a Windows To Go USB and it runs well but it’s UEFI, which is what I need to run it on my Mac. However, the other device that I need to use it on is on legacy, I believe it can switch to UEFI but it also already has data on. So if I switch it to UEFI , use...
  9. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...
  10. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...